negotiating with terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it when Jay Carney,(Bagdad Bob) repeatedly said "in accordance with the law, we would be consulting Congress before we make any decisions about this"

Yet the president and his staff worked up a deal, to get what I consider to be a deserter back to this country. They have obviously broken the law, and lied about it publically.
We have had deserters in every conflict the US has fought in.
We never did an exchange of prisoners to get any of them back. Some are still living in the country's of their choice to this day.

I don't believe his story for a moment that he was an actual prisoner. I more than suspect that he was aiding the enemy politically with his full knowledge.
According to the news, his father has even "immersed himself" into the Taliban culture for whatever reason? Somebody help me with this.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
According to the news, his father has even "immersed himself" into the Taliban culture for whatever reason? Somebody help me with this.
This is another thing that is just too odd about this whole deal.

The father grew a beard and learned the Pashtun language so that he could become friendly with the Taliban.

There is just too much about this that isn't right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeat, at the Rose Garden with our prez, at the end of the ceremony, the dad quoted the most frequent phrase in the koran, "in the name of allah, most gracious, most compassionate" in Pashtun. Then later announced he is trying to get all gitmo prisoners released.

This coming from the father of a deserter being supposedly held prisoner by the Taliban?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, actually i would consider it ten total since we released 5 last year as a good faith gesture to get talks going.

Seriously, if you can look at the preponderance of evidence from all sides and come to the conclusion you have then all I can say is look up the term confirmation bias.

Especially since your argument hinges on "those right wing sources" when yours are CNN and WaPo.

Last edited:

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i61.tinypic.com_120hwxv.jpg

Can't help but wonder how many innocent men, women and children are going to die in future terrorist attacks due to this "deal". Plus the guy is full on sporting a full on Taliban beard at the podium. Guess Obama never watched "Homeland". The only way I see this being a good deal is if we implanted these a$$holes with tracking devices to let them bring us to even more Taliban scum.

As far as detainment without trial, isn't that a right afforded citizens? These turds aren't citizens and what would we charge them with anyways? Since we classified them as "enemy combatants", kind of hard to convict them of the "crime" of fighting against us. I mean did we "charge" German POWs with war crimes or did we send them back home at the end of the war? Trying to treat a war and it's combatants like a criminal prosecution seems really stupid.

EDIT to add:

I guess we did prosecute the leadership of the Nazi regime but I believe that was reserved for the highest levels of leadership. And they were fighting for a country rather than a group that has never signed onto any rules of war.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ameen is the Arabic version of the word Amen which has its origins in Hebrew and means 'so be it'. Ameen is often said after a supplication (dua) with the spiritual meaning: "O Allah, respond to (or answer) what I/we have said".

Ameen is often mentioned in the daily prayers of most Muslims after the recitation of the opening surah from the Quran.

Latest posts

Top Bottom