negotiating with terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
new report: Berghdal left behind a note renouncing American citizenship...developing...

Ya know I never understood the who renouncing thing.......you are what you are. To say you renounce your citizenship.....what do you renounce exactly? A right maybe? Ya cant renounce them, they just exist or dont.

I renounce my earthling status......I dont wanna be on the planet anymore. Ive tried falling ogf but I cant overcome gravity.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:puppet2:
COOPER: They have been waiting and training for his arrival for a long time I understand.

SAVIDGE: Yes. This absolutely blew me away when I heard this. The army officials said that they have been training specifically for Sergeant Bergdahl's return almost from the day they knew that he became a captive and his personal recovery team as it's now referred to has grown to hundreds of people and they actually have been training every six months, they have been meeting and training for a week for the last five years. That means they've rehearsed the scenario including (inaudible) for the sergeant and his family at least ten times now.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1406/02/acd.01.html

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:puppet2:
COOPER: They have been waiting and training for his arrival for a long time I understand.

SAVIDGE: Yes. This absolutely blew me away when I heard this. The army officials said that they have been training specifically for Sergeant Bergdahl's return almost from the day they knew that he became a captive and his personal recovery team as it's now referred to has grown to hundreds of people and they actually have been training every six months, they have been meeting and training for a week for the last five years. That means they've rehearsed the scenario including (inaudible) for the sergeant and his family at least ten times now.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1406/02/acd.01.html

Well now we know why Vets are dying waiting for appointments it's because all the hospital staff members are on Bergdahl duty!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess someone's gotta say it. What do you expect when you declare a war on "terrorism"? When your war on "terrorism" winds down, who do you exchange prisoners with, seeing how "terrorism" is a nameless, faceless entity with no home address? Here we've reaped what we've sowed. In order to ignore the Geneva Convention on POW's, we declared them "unlawful enemy combatants". That worked really well for as long as we wanted to commit international kidnapping, unlawful detention and torture. Now that we don't want to do that anymore, it's a little too restrictive. You know, it chafes and binds a bit...

So presto, changeo! They're no longer "unlawful enemy combatants"! They're enemy POW's so we can exchange prisoners (not hostages) with our suddenly lawful enemy. Except there's a few pesky details the administration forgot about, like the fact that the United States National Security Council lists the Taliban as a Foreign Terrorist Organization, and has since 2002. We also tend to not place $10M bounties on the leaders of legitimate enemy combatants. So now that we're done doing our "POW" swap, presto, changeo again! The Taliban is once again a FTO! You know, kind of like the Obamacare penalty wasn't a tax, but then suddenly it was?

Oh, and let's not forget that the Obama Administration has known since 2009 that Bergdahl was at best a deserter and at worst, a defector to the Taliban. Except that DoS propagandist Susan Rice is running around telling everyone that he "served with honor and distinction". Kinda like she told the world that Benghazi was because of a Youtube video with 12 hits worldwide?

Why is that old proverb running through my head? You know "Oh what a tangled web we weave..." :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom