negotiating with terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calm the **** down bro. Its not like the post made them sound related jeez.

Then again judging by your other posts you are this much of a ****.

tell me more about how much of a **** I am. What is that word at the end of your quote anyway? Hell, I thought I was giving you credit for trolling instead of just being a ****** ****** ****.

Or, maybe we have just misunderstood each other. Please, clarify your position. If I am in the wrong, I will admit it. That is what men do.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Report: “Many” in intelligence community fear Bergdahl may have been an active collaborator with the Taliban

A senior official confirms to Fox News that the conduct of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl -- both in his final stretch of active duty in Afghanistan and then, too, during his time when he lived among the Taliban -- has been thoroughly investigated by the U.S. intelligence community and is the subject of "a major classified file."

In conveying as much, the Defense Department source confirmed to Fox News that many within the intelligence community harbor serious outstanding concerns not only that Bergdahl may have been a deserter but that he may have been an active collaborator with the enemy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nce-community-investigated-bergdahls-conduct/

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tell me more about how much of a **** I am. What is that word at the end of your quote anyway? Hell, I thought I was giving you credit for trolling instead of just being a ****** ****** ****.

Or, maybe we have just misunderstood each other. Please, clarify your position. If I am in the wrong, I will admit it. That is what men do.

You guys are hurting my brain with all these **** ******* blasted ***** asterisks. Just say ******* what you ***** well mean and quit the ****** censorship ****. This is like a ***** game show or something. :twocents:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are hurting my brain with all these **** ******* blasted ***** asterisks. Just say ******* what you ***** well mean and quit the ****** censorship ****. This is like a ***** game show or something. :twocents:

that's the fun of it.... figuring out the right ****ing combination.... haha

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because, the US didn't recognize the Taliban as the legitimate government of that country, even though many others did, and some still do, but that is just a guess on my part. We did 'sort of' declare our intent to dismantle the Taliban via military action, but again I believe, it was just considered more of a house cleaning type action on a nation in chaos rather than declared war. Kind of like when we bombed Libya and called it a "Kinetic Military Action." In other words, our government officials just do what they darn well please despite what anyone else thinks, including the American people. But like it or not, the Taliban was the closest thing to a functioning state entity that Afghanistan had, or did have, for a long while prior to our invasion.

That was pretty much my entire point. :)

As for the Taliban, they overthrew the most functional government Afghanistan will probably ever have. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then tell me why we didn't declare war on Afghanistan as a country, or the Taliban as the controlling government body? Also, they haven't been the state entity if Afghanistan since 2002. What would you call them in the 12 years since?

Because Bill Clinton needed a war. He had some issues to deflect.

He is personally responsible for Obama getting Osama.

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

FULL QUESTION

Was Bill Clinton offered bin Laden on "a silver platter"? Did he refuse? Was there cause at the time?

FULL ANSWER

Let’s start with what everyone agrees on: In April 1996, Osama bin Laden was an official guest of the radical Islamic government of Sudan – a government that had been implicated in the attacks on the World Trade Center in 1993. By 1996, with the international community treating Sudan as a pariah, the Sudanese government attempted to patch its relations with the United States. At a secret meeting in a Rosslyn, Va., hotel, the Sudanese minister of state for defense, Maj. Gen. Elfatih Erwa, met with CIA operatives, where, among other things, they discussed Osama bin Laden.

It is here that things get murky. Erwa claims that he offered to hand bin Laden over to the United States. Key American players – President Bill Clinton, then-National Security Adviser Sandy Berger and Director of Counterterrorism Richard Clarke among them – have testified there were no "credible offers" to hand over bin Laden. The 9/11 Commission found "no credible evidence" that Erwa had ever made such an offer. On the other hand, Lawrence Wright, in his Pulitzer Prize-winning "The Looming Tower," flatly states that Sudan did make such an offer. Wright bases his judgment on an interview with Erwa and notes that those who most prominently deny Erwa’s claims were not in fact present for the meeting.

Wright and the 9/11 Commission do agree that the Clinton administration encouraged Sudan to deport bin Laden back to Saudi Arabia and spent 10 weeks trying to convince the Saudi government to accept him. One Clinton security official told The Washington Post that they had "a fantasy" that the Saudi government would quietly execute bin Laden. When the Saudis refused bin Laden’s return, Clinton officials convinced the Sudanese simply to expel him, hoping that the move would at least disrupt bin Laden’s activities.

Much of the controversy stems from claims that President Clinton made in a February 2002 speech and then retracted in his 2004 testimony to the 9/11 Commission. In the 2002 speech Clinton seems to admit that the Sudanese government offered to turn over bin Laden:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom