negotiating with terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cover up scandals by creating another scandal. Really quite brazen.

No one has suggested that they know what they are doing. They thought this was going to be all parades and celebrations, that they could stick this feather in their cap and people would admire their "support of the troops".

I guess they actually believed those non-disclosure forms would keep Bergdahl's fellow soldiers quiet? If so, then they don't understand combat soldiers at all. Perhaps you should watch the video above your post...

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tell me more about how much of a **** I am. What is that word at the end of your quote anyway? Hell, I thought I was giving you credit for trolling instead of just being a ****** ****** ****.

Or, maybe we have just misunderstood each other. Please, clarify your position. If I am in the wrong, I will admit it. That is what men do.

Water under the bridge. Sorry man

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the administration was expecting praise and instead the truth came out. So they reacted in a predictable manner. First they said that the word of his fellow soldiers was unreliable because they were interviewed by republicans or something like that. Then they accused those soldiers of swift boating (which in my dictionary means telling the truth), and now an administration official has speculated on Twitter that those soldiers are psychopaths. Chicago politics at its finest.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its crazy that a sitting president's administration would think the politically correct action to anything would be to call active and former combat zone vetrans liars and psychopaths.

It boggles the mind how anyone could have greenlit that idea.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And so the CYA begins....

The Pentagon rejected the idea of a rescue mission for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl because he was being moved so often by his Taliban captors that U.S. special operators would have had to hit up to a dozen possible hideouts inside Pakistan at once in order to have a chance at rescuing him.

Bergdahl had also twice tried to escape, so the militants guarding him had stepped up their numbers, further complicating any potential rescue attempt.

“A rescue mission would have been fraught politically as well as tactically,” according to a senior defense official briefed on the Bergdahl case.

The lack of information about Bergdahl’s whereabouts shows how few options the administration had, and why officials felt negotiations with the Taliban were their best option. His repeated attempts to escape also call into question those who call him a deserter who did not intend to return to the U.S. army’s ranks.

More here

I smell a rat:

Two more U.S. officials and a former Afghan official said Bergdahl escaped his Taliban captors twice during his five years of captivity, once in the fall of 2011 as then reported The Daily Beast, and a second time, believed to be sometime in 2012. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

The smearing of those that were serving with him and are telling the story has begun.

At the same time, many soldiers who served with Bergdahl have spoken out against him—blaming Bergdahl for wandering off his post, and for diverting needed intelligence and surveillance resources to hunt for him. Some soldiers even blame Bergdahl for the deaths of a half-dozen troops, although those claims have been disputed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom