Never had a 30 cal shell in a tire before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy I worked with got a 1" pipe nipple through his tire after moving our drilling rig. Cut a 1" circle clean out of the tire. Guess it bounced out of the parts house going down the bumpy dirt road. Tire had less than 500 miles on it too, dude was pissed.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you ran over the whole watch? :anyone:

Could be but I don't think so. If I ran over the watch, I would think the pin would be inside the sleeve that holds it on the watch band, thereby keeping it from entering the tire. The guy at the tire repair shop was also scratchin' his head and said he had never seen anything like it before either.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be but I don't think so. If I ran over the watch, I would think the pin would be inside the sleeve that holds it on the watch band, thereby keeping it from entering the tire. The guy at the tire repair shop was also scratchin' his head and said he had never seen anything like it before either.
Sometimes a front tire can get things to bouncing around where a rear tire can catch 'em just right (lol, or just wrong) to drive it into the tire. Following or meeting a car in traffic can do the same thing.

Something that small could be bounced around just by the air currents of passing vehicles.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes a front tire can get things to bouncing around where a rear tire can catch 'em just right (lol, or just wrong) to drive it into the tire. Following or meeting a car in traffic can do the same thing.

Something that small could be bounced around just by the air currents of passing vehicles.

That would be within the realm of possibilities.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost made it to a tire shop except the tire shop (that was suppose to be open today) was closed.
Here's a picture of the shell casing in the tire. It was a 9mm.
Like I said, I made it to the place I bought the tire's (road hazard) and it was closed (15 miles one way). Tried to make it back home and only got 10 of the 15 miles. 9mm came out and so did the air.
Wife had to bring me my air compressor that got me enough air to drive the last 5 miles (dead flat when I pulled in).
Tire with 9mm.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom