New 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911s are for the mechanically minded. Majority of the issues you may experience will be magazine and/or ammo brand related. You may need to polish the ramp. Other than that, take it to the range and break it in.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback guys! Glock 'em Down, You crack me up with your pics to match your posts. lol! I'll just have to see what problems mine has. I hope very few and easily fixable or none. But I shall cross that bridge when I get there. I do thank you for your concern though!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nah! You're right. I've only been totin' a gun every day for the past 20 sumthin' years. I don't know what works. :disappoin

I've never "owned" a high dollar 1911. I can't afford one.

However...I have "fired" several.

Pay no attention to me hard_r. I'm just an ignorant old man. :rolleyes2

awww.granitegrok.com_pix_Man_20behind_20the_20curtain.jpg

:laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6:

:tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2: :tounge2:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the feedback guys! Glock 'em Down, You crack me up with your pics to match your posts. lol! I'll just have to see what problems mine has. I hope very few and easily fixable or none. But I shall cross that bridge when I get there. I do thank you for your concern though!

Actually, and to be quite honest with you, if your .45 is BONE-STOCK FACTORY it won't give you too much trouble. I'm a firm believer that the 1911's weak link is when guys start grinding on them and trying to tighten 'em up more than they should.

It's gonna like hardball ammo the best and it will feed better with either Wilson 47D magazines or Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags.

Good luck! :thumb:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

hard_r, Rule#1. Don't wear your feelings on your sleeve here. Just saying.

Rule#2. Enjoy your new 1911A1!!!

Rule#3. Run her with ball ammo for about the first 200 to 300rds.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, and to be quite honest with you, if your .45 is BONE-STOCK FACTORY it won't give you too much trouble. I'm a firm believer that the 1911's weak link is when guys start grinding on them and trying to tighten 'em up more than they should.

It's gonna like hardball ammo the best and it will feed better with eitherTripp Research or Chip McCormick Power mags.

Good luck! :thumb:

Fixed it for ya....;)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I had fewer "break-in" failures with the $400 RIA FS 1911 than I did with my Kimber. It is not quite as slick or quite as nicely finished as the Kimber Custom II but mine is a good solid gun.
GED makes a good point, if it ain't broke don't fix it. My opinon is that 1911's get part of the bad rap the same way Harleys get part of their bad rap. You get people that have absolutely no business what so ever having access to tools trying to work on them and "customize" them.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You probably love it now, but you may not once you hit the range with it.

1911s are gorgeous and they feel great in the paw, but they are famous for reliability issues. Yours may not. It may run like a sewing machine.

Then again, it could be a jam-o-matic.

I'm just sayin'. :rolleyes2

[Broken External Image]

I know right, he should have bought a Glock 22..... oh wait..... it might KB on him OR if he puts a light rail on it.... it wouldn't cycle properly. Maybe, he should have picked up a G19....... ooooops..... their JHPs hit at near 6 oclock on the feed ramp. No.... he should have bought a G30SF, nice slim .45..... oooops..... trigger bar problems are causing the slide to drag, causing FTFs. Nah, he should call the LAPD about their G21s and ask them how they worked out?

With all the recalls...... er..... glock.... "upgrades" it's tough to know which one to suggest eh?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know right, he should have bought a Glock 22..... oh wait..... it might KB on him OR if he puts a light rail on it.... it wouldn't cycle properly. Maybe, he should have picked up a G19....... ooooops..... their JHPs hit at near 6 oclock on the feed ramp. No.... he should have bought a G30SF, nice slim .45..... oooops..... trigger bar problems are causing the slide to drag, causing FTFs. Nah, he should call the LAPD about their G21s and ask them how they worked out?

With all the recalls...... er..... glock.... "upgrades" it's tough to know which one to suggest eh?

Did I say he needed a Glock? I didn't say he needed a Glock. Have you seen me recommend a Glock lately? I've kinda lost my love for the plastic pistols. Call it a "coming of age" thing. Hell, I woulda recommended a Smith & Wesson revolver if he woulda axed me.

But he din't axe me. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom