New 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And my Kimber has a bit over 13k rounds through with with three malfunctions, all linked to Wilson 47D feed lip issues.

My el cheapo Springfield GI went through Vince Oneal's Practical Pistol Class back in June. 1200 rds in two days, no cleaning, no malfunctions....

See how that works?

And you wanna know the funniest part? I dont even carry a 1911 anymore.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And my experience with the 1911 is NOT by internet urban legend(s). I've shot them. I know what they can do. :rolleyes2

Aye, and I shot my G22 a few weeks back and the light flew off. SO by your theory, Glocks are famous for not being reliable with a WML. Ask OKCPD. :D

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I had a RIA, used it with Wilson mags even!!! No problems with the gun. For the price, they are great little shooters.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilsons work great when they are new. With a lot of rounds, the tubes go to ****. I have not had any experience with the ETMs, but the tube does seem thicker, so it may be a good thing.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wilsons work great when they are new. With a lot of rounds, the tubes go to ****. I have not had any experience with the ETMs, but the tube does seem thicker, so it may be a good thing.

Yeah, I keep hearing that. Only problem with that theory is that I'm using 47Ds in my .40 CQB now too. Still no problems. I did have a mag that J.P. bent the lip on and it would never run right. Sent it to Wilson and they had a replacement in a week.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to run nothing but 47Ds. I began to experience some issues, mainly with mags dropping free from the gun when reloading. This progressed into some feed issues. Turns out each and every one I had had serious feed lip creep. Wilson did exchange them, but I promptly traded them for Power Mags, and have had no issues since.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to run nothing but 47Ds. I began to experience some issues, mainly with mags dropping free from the gun when reloading. This progressed into some feed issues. Turns out each and every one I had had serious feed lip creep. Wilson did exchange them, but I promptly traded them for Power Mags, and have had no issues since.

My experiences have been different. The guy that suggested I use 47Ds on my .40 has 60K rounds through his gun. I've lost count how many I've got through all of mine. All I've done is change the springs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom