New Ammo Conspiracy Theory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it was so easy for all the government plants on here to discredit the Home Land Security theory causing the ammo shortages I figured I would start a new one. It is so simple for the government to do and no one can prove my theory wrong. All those guys that get up in the we hours of the morning and wait in line at Wal Mart, Bass Pro and Academy and other ammo suppliers are actually working for the government buying up all the ammo and causing the shortage. The only way I can see these guys proving me wrong is to come forward and share all the ammo with the rest of us.

That ammo sharing is part of the plan. They are going to "share" the ammo at you when they come to take your guns from your cold dead hands.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its hoarding and flipping. Hopefully both will stop soon.

Yeah, but...
Everyplace that sells ammo has instituted purchase limits to one box or whatever. Do you think there are enough people hoarding and flipping to buy up all the ammo one box at a time? I don't advocate a government conspiracy, but something still doesn't seem right to me. Ammo mfrs. claim to be shipping more ammo than ever, yet it's still nowhere to be found.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but...
Everyplace that sells ammo has instituted purchase limits to one box or whatever. Do you think there are enough people hoarding and flipping to buy up all the ammo one box at a time?
What little actually makes it to the discount retailers is typically gone within a half hour of being unpacked, often with a half dozen or more people still standing in line that leave without being able to buy in. So from that perspective - yes, there are enough people hoarding and scalping (let's call it what it really is - flipping is far too nice a term) to buy up all the ammo one box at a time.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What little actually makes it to the discount retailers

There should be AT LEAST as much arriving at retailers as before. Manufacturers have pulled out all the stops and are making it as fast as possible. Is there really less arriving than before? or does it just seem like it since it gets sold immediately?

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there really less arriving than before? or does it just seem like it since it gets sold immediately?
IMO, the latter. For instance, under normal circumstances 72 bricks of .22LR would have lasted a given store at least a day or two. Now what's not sold to the 15 or 20 people who've been crowding the counter since 5am is sold to the other people they call and tell to hurry come buy it for them so they can beat the limits - such as the fellow that calls his daughter that works at the same WM to take her break and come buy more for him. Result - gone by 8am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom