New gun I just gotta have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
M45A1 - Anyone have one (the commercial version is exactly the same as the GI)? I'm curious as to how the dual recoil spring works and whether or not the firing pin doscnnect still gives a mushy feel to the trigger like other 1911's that use it.

For those that don't know, this is the Colt 1911 rail gun adaptation that the Marines started adopting as their issue sidearm. Now, I don't know all the details of which marines get the pistol and which don't.

What I do know is that I really like the platform and, IMHO, it speaks volumes that Marines are going back to a platform designed by JMB over 100 years ago.

fricking LOVE the FDE cerakote.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

www.gunsandammo.com_files_2014_02_colt_m45a1_cqbp_marine_pistol_F.jpg

chasegibson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to have one but man you could by a really nice wilson, nighthawk, or ed brown for that kind of price tag! Also I'm a broke college student so that may be a problem as well..

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are only used by the Marines on a very limited basis from what I read. Neat guns.. but WAY.... WAY overpriced. Save yourself some money, get a Baer or Wesson and coat it whatever color you like. That being said, the bone stock Colt Rail gun is a solid well priced 1911 IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom