New tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to replace the tires on the wife’s 4runner.

Currently has these.
IMG_9761.png

They have been decent tires but are noisy.

I’m wanting something less noisy.

Considering these. Anyone have experience with either?

IMG_9758.png

IMG_9757.png

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ran the Wildpeaks on a 2 door Tahoe that my son and I used to play with. Seemed like a decent tire. I always ran the BFG KO’s on my truck but tried the Yokohama AT-X last time. Great wear time but, man those things are hard and noisy.
Would like to try the Toyo’s but will probably go back to the BFG KO3’s. I’m due for tires too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run the MIchelans on the F-250 in 10 ply to pull the RV. I got 60,000 out of the first set and running up on 20,000 on the second set with no appreciable wear showing yet. All terrain tires that have done well and are silent going down the road.
I could have easily got another 5000 miles from the first set but with a multi state trip coming over a couple of months, decided to get them changed out early so we wouldn't be at the mercy of some tire dealer we don't know.
The dealer at home does free repair and rotation if we buy from him for the life of the tires.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country and Nitto Terra Graplers I've run on both my f250s, f350, Excursion and Ranger. They last and are quiet imo. I have Kenda Klever AT2 on my daughter's jeep and they're quiet as well.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're gonna get road noise from anything with that aggressive tread.
That said...go with Cooper. Great tires. One of the last All-American tire companies.
Cooper AT-3 are a great tire as well. A little less aggressive and a little less noise. I've had the Cooper AT-3 and loved them. Had the BFG KOs as well and think they are one of the best AT tires available.
If you want an all-season....the Michelin LTX is an awesome road tire. Great for towing. Low noise.
Currently I've got a set of Mickey Thompson Legends on my truck and couldn't be happier. A little noisier and you can feel it a bit. All-American tire and hands down great performance for the last 10000 miles.
1723687071490.png
1723687104177.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom