New tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son has the Toyo. Good tire, but noisy.

I have Cooper, been very happy with them. Much quieter than Toyo.
Last set I had was Goodyear Wrangler SR/A. Less aggressive tread, but great pulling trailer and quiet.

artuza

New to the site!
Reaction score
Currently running Falken Wildpeak A/T4W's on my wife's 2018 Silverado 3500 which replaced the factory Michelin All Weather tires at 55K (Factory size was 265/70 - went a tad wider while maintaining the same diameter). Still had usable tread, but traction had degraded to the point where I did not feel comfortable towing long distances - especially in bad weather.
Put about 7000+ miles on them so far between WA and OK (8000+ total). Traction is light years better than factory, even when new based on late winter light snow / ice while towing earlier this year. Additional noise is negligible (definitely nosier, but not objectionable). Traction on the Oklahoma gravel roads when they turn extremely muddy and slick in the spring is great. All tires are a compromise. It is just a matter of what your priories are. In my case, traction is definitely #1 over anything else (wet / mud / snow / ice - on or off paved roads). Handling especially while towing heavy is #2. I don't concern myself with mileage / tire life since in my observations, quality auto and LT tires will age out and start loosing traction around the 5-6 year mark regardless. Looking to throw a set of these on my dually here shortly. FWIW.
1723736670043.png

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that my truck came from the factory with Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires. I rarely stick with the same tires, but I liked those Michelins so much that I’ve stuck with them over the last 215,000+ miles. They wear like iron (not counting road hazards, they’ll usually go to 60,000 miles before they need replacing), they ride comfortably, even while towing, and they’re not particularly noisy.

I don’t know if I’d stick with them if I needed to do off-roading, but dragging a hay trailer around a hay field was about as much off-roading as I’ve done over the last several years.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a couple sets of new Jeep take offs for my Tundra. Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts. Two summers off off-road and they are holding up well. $150 per set of 5.
265/75R17s I run them low on air off road usually 22lbs sometimes 18 if real rocky.

IMG_0489.jpeg

I run Michelins on my pull Truck and 5Th Wheel RV. They have served me well over the years.

Farm Trucks BF Goodrichs

On my mild Jeep I have Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Here is where I typed this out.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom