New to 10/22s what to upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10/22s and ARs are both like Barbies for Grownups....they're just fun to tinker with and add the latest gadgets.

I'm always looking for some new do-dad for mine.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
hey daniel,here's my advice. buy one that someone has already modded and take the $500 you save and buy another gun! just my experience...

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey daniel,here's my advice. buy one that someone has already modded and take the $500 you save and buy another gun! just my experience...

See that is the smart thing to do but I'm not smart haha.
I'm a project kind of guy I love to tinker and piece things together that's just how I am.

I had been wanting to build a 10/22 for a while now, and right when I was about to buy a used modified one my wife expressed how she liked my glen field 60 (she never expressed interest in a specific gun). I figured if she liked it she would like a 10/22, so I wanted her to have a special gun of her own. That spurred me to buy two at the same time with sequential serial numbers just so we each get one and there is something special to them. On hers I refinished a stock and dropped it in, on mine it will get modified how ever I feel till I'm happy with some finished product, if she ever says there is something she dislikes or I notice reliability issues then hers will be changed but as she isn't as interested in guns as I am I feel hers will stay factory.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drank the coolaid, I have a bolt handle, buffer tube and bolt release on the way.

I'm thinking about a Boyd's blaster stock and a green mountain barrel down the line.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody build a 10-22 using the Nordic Components AR22 stock?

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_13_267ffe40b5610be431edb3a153e139eb.jpg

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the first mod should be improving the trigger.

Here are the specs on my budget-minded 10/22 build. It's nothing major, just something I built for the family to enjoy.

Original Receiver
Original Bolt
DIY Buffer
DIY Bolt Release
Power Customs Drop In Tigger Kit
Power Customs Extended Bolt Release
KIDD bolt handle (not in the picture below)
Boyd's SS Evolution Pepper
E. R. Shaw Barrel
Sweet 22 Scope

I originally just modified the trigger a while back and it was nice, but it left me wanting to do more. I'm please with the outcome and its performance so far. I think I have about $500 into it so far.

Here's the best 3-shot group @ 100 yards from its first outing after the new barrel.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my parts in and I must say, I dig the charging handle that sucker is smooth as glass. I want to change up the trigger now! I didn't know how much of a pita the ruger was to assemble and disassemble, I will get it down after a few times.

Here's a pic of the two I got, I put the wife's in the stock I refinished for her. Thanks again to 08h3 for the butt plate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom