Nice Boar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this mean sumbitch in the trap yesterday morning. I had seen him the morning before standing out side the catch pen when I pulled up and he took off, I was hoping he'd come back... and he did. Didn't weigh him, but we guesstimated him in the 300-350# range. Going to do a skull mount on him, he is plenty worthy. Good looking cutters on him, he can do some damage with them as I witnessed firsthand. Little shoat in the trap with him got in his way, he just stuck that snout under her and lifted her in the air, slammed her to the top of the trap and off the side. Looked down and she had about a 4 inch gash on her flank with and some guts hanging out. He was quite vicious, most pigs don't bother me in the least as far as being mean or anything. This guy was a little different, very aggressive and not happy with his situation. I was a bit nervous getting him from the trap to the trailer.

[Broken External Image]

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice...do you have a lot of big hogs out that way? Better hope he was the mean old grandpa and doesn't have larger relatives running around!

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will second this....;-) Might make it a 10" blade though....LOL That could get ugly real quick.

Them hogs are becoming a serious problem here as well as many other states. Good to see folks hunting them. Nice trap.....big ol dude....LOL

Chris

should've jumped in the trap with your pocket knife, i'd pay to see that video

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not supposed to kill them in the trap, smell of blood runs the others off... Or at least thats what I've always heard. Whether that is true or not, not sure. In my traps that don't have a catch pen beside them I do shoot them in the trap and have caught them on consecutive days so it isn't always true. I've gone nearly every night for a week on this trap and had pigs in it each morn, except for this mornin. And... that little gilt bled pretty good after gettin cut, so draw your own conclusions. I actually had pigs in the trap last night, but they never tripped the trigger and didn't eat all the corn, like they got spooked off or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom