Night owls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always been a night owl. My wife is in bed by 9:30-10:00, but I'm almost always up until 2-3 A.M. Tonight I'm up a little later than normal though. I've been playing some chess and lost a couple of games I shouldn't have so I stayed up for revenge.

I typically do my best work between 10-2 at night. I spend most of my days on the phone, in meetings or driving. I do all my computer work and reviewing employees at night.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked for AT&T for 21 years. 14 years of that was on the 10p-6a shift. Absolutely loved it. Many times I would go whole weeks without having to talk to another person all night.

Yup. I enjoy the silence and serenity that night shift provides. I've gotten so I despise traffic. I mean absolutely loathe it. I might see 2 or 3 cars when I head in to work at 11pm. But when I get off at 7am...holy sheet! :pissed: My road rage flares up and God forbid if I get stuck behind a FU:censored:ING school bus! :scream:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my life (age 7 is about as far back as I remember) I've done my best work from 10pm to 3am. Luckily, being self-employed for 38 years of my 44-year career helped a bunch.

My sleep schedule (4.5 to 5 hours per night) used to drive my wife crazy, but over time she got used to it. Never bothered any of my Basset Hounds, though! :hithead:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After working shift work for 40 years, being able to go to bed every night is a BIG DEAL!! I've been retired 20 years, and it's still a big deal!!

As crazy as this may sound, this is the only thing that I miss about a so called "normal" life. I do not want to work with people. I do not want to face morning traffic. I absolutely do not want to work along side the boss or other employees. No sir, no way.

But I absolutely would love to take a nice hot shower and go to bed every night around 10pm or so. I do miss that.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As crazy as this may sound, this is the only thing that I miss about a so called "normal" life. I do not want to work with people. I do not want to face morning traffic. I absolutely do not want to work along side the boss or other employees. No sir, no way.

But I absolutely would love to take a nice hot shower and go to bed every night around 10pm or so. I do miss that.
Then don't EVER go to Rhode Island if you will be driving. I can't even remember all the states that I have driven in, but I can say that the drivers up here are outright crazy stupid.

I'll be so glad when we get this state done with our Summer work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom