Night owls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all read a book all night and forgot to check in. A cpap machine saved my life during the Covid scam and when l was in congestive heart failure a few month ago. I don't even try to take a nap without putting it on. When I'm winded or need a boost during the day I'll put it on.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning!
Hope it went well for you. You will be better off if you have apnea knowing about it. Save your life. If you do have it, you will be sleeping better soon on a machine! You will feel so much better. First time I slept after I got a machine, I woke up a new man. Mine is because my broken noses and such. I am to have it repaired soon. I was shocked at how well I slept. So if you are diagnosed with it, it will be a game changer on your physical well being with not stopping breathing all night long! Hope that makes sense! You will have saved your life.

Yep. It does. I really think my problem is that I tend to sleep on my back now (since my accident) so my throat closes up and things kinda snowball from there. 🤷 I also wonder if the RAGING headache I wake up with EVERY. DAMNED. MORNING. NOW. isn't at least some caused by a lack of oxygen. 🤷🤷 I dunno. Scott says he's never caught me stopping breathing so that's a plus but still ... I really do feel like at least some of my increased pain levels is due to my inability to get a good night's sleep now. So I'm REALLY hoping they can do something to get me back on the straight and narrow as they say.

I also think if I shake off another 20 pounds that will help, too. This getting old is hard work. 😉

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. It does. I really think my problem is that I tend to sleep on my back now (since my accident) so my throat closes up and things kinda snowball from there. 🤷 I also wonder if the RAGING headache I wake up with EVERY. DAMNED. MORNING. NOW. isn't at least some caused by a lack of oxygen. 🤷🤷 I dunno. Scott says he's never caught me stopping breathing so that's a plus but still ... I really do feel like at least some of my increased pain levels is due to my inability to get a good night's sleep now. So I'm REALLY hoping they can do something to get me back on the straight and narrow as they say.

I also think if I shake off another 20 pounds that will help, too. This getting old is hard work. 😉

So did ya get a sleep test? When I did a sleep test I quit breathing an average of 17 to 25 times an hour, that was moderate according to the Doc. And that was on the back, on my side it was somewhat less.

And hell yes on waking up with a headache and chest hurting.

One of my younger brothers was diagnosed years ago, he had smashed his face on a 250lb calf’s hoof. Anyways, he called me the next day after he slept the first night, said he was a new man. Same **** on my first time using one in a hospital after an injury/surgery two years ago. I woke up like a ****ing teenager!

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So did ya get a sleep test? When I did a sleep test I quit breathing an average of 17 to 25 times an hour, that was moderate according to the Doc. And that was on the back, on my side it was somewhat less.

And hell yes on waking up with a headache and chest hurting.

One of my younger brothers was diagnosed years ago, he had smashed his face on a 250lb calf’s hoof. Anyways, he called me the next day after he slept the first night, said he was a new man. Same **** on my first time using one in a hospital after an injury/surgery two years ago. I woke up like a ****ing teenager!

Nah ... Not yet. I'll probably do like LoneWolf'49 and die in my sleep before they get around to getting it scheduled. 🙄🙄🙄 Nobody gets in a hurry since Covid ... But they did say I could do it at home. And as long as the results weren't "too bad" 🤷🤷 whatever THAT means they could get me fixed up. I'm so done with doctors and their ******** ... She spent 30 minutes "coaching" me on my opioid use and how that "can" depress respiration. Like I don't already know that. You should see the change in their demeanor when I tell them that after they have crawled out from under a tree branch with a half dozen broken vertebrae, some broken ribs, a collapsed lung and a closed head injury they can judge me and my pain management team's choices. 🙄 I honestly believe with all my heart that my inability to get adequate pain management is a big part of the problem I'm having now. Before the tree branch fiasco I could at least get a decent night's sleep more nights than not. Now it's just me dealing with more and more and more exhaustion until I finally crash and burn for a few nights. Rinse, repeat. **** it I can't even take benedryl anymore because she says "some" studies show it leads to dementia. Well ya know what?? I spent most of my menopausal years hearing that HRT increases your risk of breast cancer. And guess what?? Now they are saying that isn't so. 🤷😡 So ... When I'm 100 and I hear that the studies finding benedryl was a problem were "flawed" I'm gonna go climb a clock tower and go to work. 🤷🙄🙄😈😈😈

Latest posts

Top Bottom