Nope nope nope nope nope nope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've actually made friends with all spiders recently...thanks to the scorpion invasion that is going on at my house right now. :yikes2:

I swear those damned things are gonna survive the apocalypse! :scream:

(along with the roaches and mosquitos) :grumble:

I'm in the same boat with the scorpions right now. Have you found a poison that works well indoors for them yet? We can't use glue traps, the damn dog chews them up...they wind up in wads like chewing gum.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat with the scorpions right now. Have you found a poison that works well indoors for them yet? We can't use glue traps, the damn dog chews them up...they wind up in wads like chewing gum.

I buy a potion at my local feed store called Viper.

You mix it with water and it can be used indoors and out. Spray the inside, leave for about 2 hours. It works good, but it's kinda expensive and you gotta spray about every 2 weeks. Or at least I do...damned scorpions from hell, I tell ya. :pissed:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, this thread just reminded me of one summer when I was in HS, and my buddy and I built a raft out of a couple pallets, a few 2x4's, and two 55-gallon drums. We left it anchored along the shore of the lake behind his house when we weren't using it. One day, we went down to the lake, and when we both jumped onto the raft, our combined weight caused the center section (a pallet) to come into contact with the water. Out from underneath the pallet came swarming a horde of wolf spiders, scurrying all over the raft. I don't think I've ever jumped or swum so fast in my life.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, this thread just reminded me of one summer when I was in HS, and my buddy and I built a raft out of a couple pallets, a few 2x4's, and two 55-gallon drums. We left it anchored along the shore of the lake behind his house when we weren't using it. One day, we went down to the lake, and when we both jumped onto the raft, our combined weight caused the center section (a pallet) to come into contact with the water. Out from underneath the pallet came swarming a horde of wolf spiders, scurrying all over the raft. I don't think I've ever jumped or swum so fast in my life.

:lmfao: That's funny right there! Too bad there's no video of it!

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We ended the scorpion uprising at our house by fogging the attic. They were coming out of the air vents and ceiling openings like recessed light fixtures. Final straw was a sting to my back when I went to get dressed in the morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom