Nov 21st, Carrygun Match @ Heartland, Snubby State Championship, New Rules, etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealment is not required, but is encouraged. That said, most people shoot from exposed holsters, which is perfectly acceptable.

No derringer division......I gotta think that would really slow things down.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, the OK State Snubby Championship is almost upon us.

I have FOUR, count 'em, FOUR (so far) prizes to be awarded exclusively to the Snubby shooters.

A $50 KyTac Certificate

A $50 Accurate-Iron Certificate

A set of custom molded earplugs offered by Scott from Ballistic Ear Protection.

A $50 Heartland Outdoors certificate

Here's how we'll do it: we'll draw the names randomly. First one chosen has his choice of the prizes and so on until they are gone. When they are gone, the remaining $50 Heartland certificates will be awarded to the shooters that shot in a division other than snubby.

We will give out award certificates for First, Second and Third, also.

I will be shooting a snubby, but only for score, as will Ol Yeller. We won't take any prizes or any placement certificates, since we're donating prizes. This only applies to the two of us, so if you have something you'd like to donate, please PM me.

Meanwhile, the stages are designed and ready to roll. It promises to be challenging and fun for ALL divisions!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well since school is out all next week, I might just show up so everyone can kick my a$$, if I'm there I'll be shooting a snub. I'll be bringing my son, is there an age limit for this, cause I know he would want to shoot??

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well since school is out all next week, I might just show up so everyone can kick my a$$, if I'm there I'll be shooting a snub. I'll be bringing my son, is there an age limit for this, cause I know he would want to shoot??

Come on up! I've never heard of an age limit. As long as he can handle the gun safely he's GTG. Heck he'll probably out shoot half of us at least. Are you talking about shooting that Lew Horton? :naughty:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Come on up! I've never heard of an age limit. As long as he can handle the gun safely he's GTG. Heck he'll probably out shoot half of us at least. Are you talking about shooting that Lew Horton? :naughty:

No it won't qualify for a snub since its got a 3"bbl. All I can shoot for a snub is my 640, my 66-2 2.5" doesn't make the cut either.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to this one, the more snubbies the better. All who think David and Mike should be eligible for prizes and or ranking certificates, chime in. Just because they are doing the match, shouldn't make them ineligible. I hear Olyeller has been practicing revolver lately.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking forward to this one, the more snubbies the better. All who think David and Mike should be eligible for prizes and or ranking certificates, chime in. Just because they are doing the match, shouldn't make them ineligible. I hear Olyeller has been practicing revolver lately.

Uh Oh...

But yea, put their names in for the loot too. :thumb:

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no age limit AS LONG AS the shooter is safe and can follow directions.

Olyeller informs me that his practice has not involved actually shooting his gun....

He has nothing to do with the stage design and the only stage he's aware of is the one I told everyone about. He had offered not to be eligible since he was donating a prize, but I think he should be.

I, on the other hand, am a different matter. Even tho I should be out shooting NOW (instead of making this post) and I have not fired a single shot thru my snubby since March, I am designing the stages.

And, if I may be blunt, I expect to win.....but I don't want to be accused of winning my own match because I designed and set up the stages and therefore must have practiced shooting them constantly, providing an unfair advantage. (I've been accused of more based on far less) :rolleyes:

So let's avoid that whole scenario, shall we?

Latest posts

Top Bottom