NRA and OK2A work against open carry in parks and zoos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's just the problem. Every time we "compromise" we lose another bit of our rights.

The State of Oklahoma just gave you the right to concealed and open carry without a permit. That's more rights then you had two months ago. So did you gain a right or lose a right? The gains far outweigh the loss.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The State of Oklahoma just gave you the right to concealed and open carry without a permit. That's more rights then you had two months ago. So did you gain a right or lose a right? The gains far outweigh the loss.
I was referring to glocktogo
" I think it's worth the compromise to get Constitutional Carry."

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just go to the zoo and have fun. They haven't had a lion escape in years, so drawing from your covered carry will be fast enough. If we really can't go anywhere without open carry, just don't go to the zoo.

We tend to forget that what is infringing to us may not seem like infringing to someone else, and we still live in a society of individuals.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Governments cannot give or take rights. Rights are rights. They exist or they don’t. Governments can infringe rights. Governments can help secure rights. But rights themselves are, more or less, immutable. I don’t have a right to carry a firearm because the Second Amendment says I do. I, and all other people in the world, have a right to carry a firearm because God (or nature, if you prefer) gave us a righteous drive and prerogative for self-preservation. Self-preservation is the primary law of nature.*

Saying I should just be happy that the gains outweigh the losses is implying I should be satisfied that the State of Oklahoma isn’t infringing my rights as much as it used to. Don’t piss on my boots and tell me it’s raining. Regardless of whether this bill passes or not, there’s still a long list of ways the State of Oklahoma infringes my right to carry firearms. “Constitutional carry” only gets us halfway finished, and I won’t stop fighting for my rights and the rights of my children.

* If these ideas sound unfamiliar or controversial to anyone, you’ve fallen prey to the statist narrative that the rights of individuals are subordinate to to the common good, and I would recommend, as a start, reading John Locke’s Second Treatise.

EDIT: Changed “rights are absolute,” to “rights are immutable” to avoid ambiguity.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

The State of Oklahoma just became compliant with the second amendment. I had the right as God given decreed by the U.S.Constitution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom