Obama Coming To Cushing OK Thursday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, and given his poor showing here shouldn't he be trying harder here to gain support?

Why would he? He will never win Oklahoma and our share of electoral votes relegates us to a relatively unimportant position. Politicians don't visit places out of the goodness of their hearts, folks. There is always an agenda.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the hole in the side of the Titanic, shouldn't they have tried harder to bail it out? Why on earth would he waste any time trying to gain support here? He lost all 77 counties in 2008. If we added a 78th county, he'd lose that one too.

I do agree that the way he's using Cushing and Oklahoma as a stage for this is more than a bit disingenuous and skeezy, but I'd expect the same from any president. In it to win it.

Beat me to it!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I was trying to give him the benefit of a doubt, so much for unity. Anybody/state that isn't on board with the program/cult of personality doesn't count.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those may be the political realities and I understand and appreciate them. I'm just on my soapbox because it still doesn't change the fact that Obama SHOULD be ATTEMPTING to be a President for the entire country.

As a contrasting example, GWB with all of his faults at least had the common courtesy and respect to say that his opponants merely disagreed with him. He wasn't petty and inflamatory. He certainly didn't behave like an egomaniac. Hell, he even had shoes thrown at him but he took it in stride and commented about the fact that at least the man could express himself now unlike under Saddam's rule. :)

Obama has taken divisiveness to a whole new level in my opinion and this visit is just another tiny example of it.

/rantoff

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those may be the political realities and I understand and appreciate them. I'm just on my soapbox because it still doesn't change the fact that Obama SHOULD be ATTEMPTING to be a President for the entire country.

As a contrasting example, GWB with all of his faults at least had the common courtesy and respect to say that his opponants merely disagreed with him. He wasn't petty and inflamatory. He certainly didn't behave like an egomaniac. Hell, he even had shoes thrown at him but he took it in stride and commented about the fact that at least the man could express himself now unlike under Saddam's rule. :)

Obama has taken divisiveness to a whole new level in my opinion and this visit is just another tiny example of it.

/rantoff

Exactly. He is tacitly admitting that he doesn't represent all 50 states as POTUS. He doesn't care what the states think of him, only those he prefers (for their votes). He isn't even trying, yet he's willing to use Cushing in a disingenuous bid to deflect the damage he's done to the economy and fuel costs. He will never listen to anyone in Oklahoma as to their needs. He already has all he needs. It's called hubris. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom