Obama is going to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Tried to eliminate the term limit within the first month of office

Got a reference for that one?
There were plenty of morons that were pushing that agenda during Clinton's admin but it never went anywhere.
I think (hope) that an attempt to eliminate the 2 term limit for president would bring about such a major manure storm that it would never make it out of committee.

djsmithinvesting

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were plenty of morons that were pushing that agenda during Clinton's admin but it never went anywhere.
I think (hope) that an attempt to eliminate the 2 term limit for president would bring about such a major manure storm that it would never make it out of committee.

Larry youre a true voice of reason.

Seriously people, just think to yourself, when were modern cartridge guns first introduced? Ok, since then how many have been sold, Ok now imagine trying to root all of those out. It would be like catching all the cockroaches in NY.

Secondarily, it is generally agreed among democrats that even MENTIONING a gun ban is political suicide. Notice you dont hear anything about it (except from crazy far right sources) from any reliable source.

Tertiarily, we have 3 branches of govt, Obama cant make a law, cant do it. He has to suggest it to congress, then the house has to pass it, then the senate has to pass it, then the supreme court gets to decide if its constitutional. Seriously, we have more gun rights today than we did 20 years ago, IE conceal carry, and the possiblity of open carry. Cities and states are no longer allowed to ban guns, no assault weapons ban. I think things are really looking up, if you keep worrying about this stuff your gonna give yourself a stroke.

chuckels59h

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link I just snagged off the internet:
posted at 5:00 pm on January 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Share on Facebook | printer-friendly
Maybe I’m just being too cynical, but somehow I doubt that Rep. José Serrano introduced HJ Res 5 in order to allow George W Bush to run for a third term in office. One week ago, the New York Democrat introduced a measure to repeal the 22nd Amendment, which provides the only term limit on federal office - the Presidency. The amendment, added in 1951, restricts anyone from seeking a third term in office, and Serrano wants that repealed.
Why now? Apparently, the notion of Hope and Change has overwhelmed Serrano to the point that he just can’t stand to see Barack Obama limited to two terms in office. Never mind the fact that Obama has yet to start his first term, and no one knows yet whether he’d get re-elected in 2012. Maybe it’s that New Deal vibe; Serrano may want to prepare the way for a more tangible comparison between Obama and FDR in 2016 and 2020.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/...e-to-repeal-presidential-term-limits-started/

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would make good comedy to watch a lib quake at the thought of G.W. doing a third term. :thumb:

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I doubt it very seriously that the Obama administration or any administration will be able to "ban" all weapons in the United States. This is nothing more than fear mongering. Go out and stock up on more overpriced ammunition, spread more hate and discontent about the current sitting president and have a ball. In the end you will find out that there is nothing to this. No one will be able to take away all the guns in this country. It will be impossible. Think about it. No way man, no way.

BOO!

with a white house chief of staff like rahm emmanuel and an AG like holder, gun rights activists have a right to be hateful and discontent.

Regardless of what OBama will or will not be able to do (in your opinion), the intentions are clear.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama presents himself with a conciliatory smile while underneath rages a Chicago-style political thug that'll do anything to get his way. He's only one man in one branch, but he'll manipulate and rig the other two branches to further his designs, I have no doubt whatsoever. I wouldn't put a thing past him; it's a little paranoid to worry about this kind of stuff, but not too paranoid to dismiss these concerns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom