Obama Reveals True Disregard for Consitution in Jobs Speech.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From freedombytheway.com

“Speech is the mirror of the soul;
as a man speaks, so is he.”

Publilius Syrus, Roman Author, 1st century BC

In accordance with Article II, Section I of The Constitution, each President recites the following Oath of Office at their swearing in:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Yet, in his Jobs Speech, President Obama not only did not defend the Constitution, he actually questioned its authority.

During a part of his speech, he was talking about American innovation and technology, and how our country has progressed because we worked together. Then he said this...

'What kind of country would this be if this Chamber had voted down Social Security or Medicare just because it violated some rigid idea about what government could or could not do?'

He was talking about the Constitution here. This shows blatant disrespect and disregard for the document upon which our country was founded. He knows these programs violate the Constitution, just like his health care legislation. But he doesn't care.

I was surprised when I heard Obama say that. It was also-thankfully-one of the few times he didn't get a huge applause. Anyone else catch that last night?

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you really surprised? The Commie indoctrination he has received truly makes him believe that the end justifies the means. The primary reason this country has taken so long to go EuroCom or SovietLite is the Constitution. Those of his ilk do not like it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disrespect for the principles laid out in the Constitution
Disrespect for American exceptionalism
Disrespect for business and the free enterprise system
Wanting to "spread the wealth around"

The list goes on and on.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no you're right let's govern our 21st century country using the same rules as an 18th century agrarian country

This is the very argument the Brady Bunch trots out every time they want to DX the Second Amendment. Yeah, cool idea. If we get rid of that pesky little think, then we can do whatever we want. All the PaleoHaters will have to fight with is pitchforks, torches, plowshares, and pruning shears. Besides, what stops them now? There is no way that 90% of the crap the Progressive Living Document trolls already do that even remotely is Constitutionally based.

And you prefer a 21st Century "Service" Economy over an Agrarian economy of any era? At least ya won't starve with the Agrarians.

Captain Fuzzybritches

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the very argument the Brady Bunch trots out every time they want to DX the Second Amendment.

a proper reading of the constitution and the ideals behind it reveals that the second amendment is still relevant

And you prefer a 21st Century "Service" Economy over an Agrarian economy of any era? At least ya won't starve with the Agrarians.

take a history class and get back to me

Latest posts

Top Bottom