Obama Reveals True Disregard for Consitution in Jobs Speech.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yup, in a democracy all you need is to get the right people elected, the right judges appointed, and get the majority to agree with you

i'm glad we took this walk down memory lane to 8th grade

So if the government decides that free speech is not a good thing because so many people disagree with them, whips up the news coverage to get people outraged about certain types of speech, and finds the right judges to agree, you think it is fine to put barriers on free speech????

And before you say it can not be done, they are already trying it.

Captain Fuzzybritches

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So if the government decides that free speech is not a good thing because so many people disagree with them, whips up the news coverage to get people outraged about certain types of speech, and finds the right judges to agree, you think it is fine to put barriers on free speech????

And before you say it can not be done, they are already trying it.

yup i was alive during the bush administration i know

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up. The people who think that the Constitution is an absolute, and that the Founding Fathers did not intend for it to live and breath and be changed as the times warrant, are the Constitutional equivalent of the Amish. You think that just because something wasn't needed or applicable to the United States of more than 200 years ago, that it also should not apply to our society today. The Founding Fathers put in place the mechanisms to change and update the Constitution, and they also never meant for it to be the only set of laws or rules to govern or manage our society--hence the reason that we have a Congress and Judicial system in the first place.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up. The people who think that the Constitution is an absolute, and that the Founding Fathers did not intend for it to live and breath and be changed as the times warrant, are the Constitutional equivalent of the Amish. You think that just because something wasn't needed or applicable to the United States of more than 200 years ago, that it also should not apply to our society today. The Founding Fathers put in place the mechanisms to change and update the Constitution, and they also never meant for it to be the only set of laws or rules to govern or manage our society--hence the reason that we have a Congress and Judicial system in the first place.

Agreed. It is called a Constitutional Convention. The Amish will flourish long after the Hippie LibComs are gone. The people who think that the three branches of government can ignore or interpret the Constitution at their convenience just crack me up.

Captain Fuzzybritches

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We didn't have an agrarian economy 40 years ago. We still had a mostly manufacturing economy before the LibComs traded away the jobs for a service economy

are you seriously being serious right now?

free trade and globalization and the washington consensus are all traditionally conservative principles

Latest posts

Top Bottom