Obama Reveals True Disregard for Consitution in Jobs Speech.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no you're right let's govern our 21st century country using the same rules as an 18th century agrarian country

You're implying that any part of the Constitution reflects the needs of a particular time, and not universal human truths based on Enlightenment philosophy. I think I would suggest the history class to you as well.

The Constitution has nothing to do with how our country is governed, it only forces us to make government as close to the people it serves as possible, and serve their interests as a whole without violating the rights of the minority.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read this thread and don't know if I should argue with someone about the constitution or language here.

I'll just save time and inform you that at best, most of you are wrong. A more likely scenario is you're all wrong. I'm not saying I'm right, but if right was a city I'd be downtown and you'd all be in the suburbs and outskirts. Unincorporated Right, maybe. At best you're sitting in Unincorporated Right. You might be close enough to Right that the Right Fire Department would respond to your call if nothing good was on TV. But they wouldn't be in a hurry and I bet they'd charge you.

And of course some of you couldn't find Right with a map. You've done driven your car into Lake Wrong and are sitting here calling me like "Am I in Right? There's water all around me. This can't be Right, can it?"

Captain Fuzzybritches

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're implying that any part of the Constitution reflects the needs of a particular time, and not universal human truths based on Enlightenment philosophy. I think I would suggest the history class to you as well.

The Constitution has nothing to do with how our country is governed, it only forces us to make government as close to the people it serves as possible, and serve their interests as a whole without violating the rights of the minority.

a modern globalized economy with satellites and internets and airplanes raises challenges undreamt of in your philosophy

Captain Fuzzybritches

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Human nature does not change Captain Fuzzybritches, Sir.

the role of government to regulate commerce does when all commerce is not only interstate, but global. this is only one example of how our world has changed beyond the imagination of those who wrote the constitution.

freedom of speech and worship, the right to bear arms, and the right to be secure in one's person and effects are all natural rights that remain immutable. federal action to try to stimulate the economy violates no such natural right.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the role of government to regulate commerce does when all commerce is not only interstate, but global. this is only one example of how our world has changed beyond the imagination of those who wrote the constitution.

freedom of speech and worship, the right to bear arms, and the right to be secure in one's person and effects are all natural rights that remain immutable. federal action to try to stimulate the economy violates no such natural right.

Same old stuff. The FedGov has ignored the Constitution for years by using the Commerce clause. Its called picking and choosing that which is most expeditious,

Latest posts

Top Bottom