Obama's reelection hope, is to duplicate this sign..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall gasoline being $4.00 during George W. Bush's time in office. It was just after I bought a new four-door 2008 Z-71 pickup and I thought I had really screwed up.

Cedar Creek

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
But I could also buy a 74 MPG VW over there... Safety and environmental regulations will prevent that from ever being a reality here.

I don't wonder at all, because it's clearly made with one of those sign/text generators online. Kinda like this: http://www.says-it.com/churchsigns/

I'd still like turbo diesel worth a damn, or a diesel electric hybrid that gets 250mpg.

Like a Rav4 Diesel that gets 49 mpg combined? The VW Touareg diesel gets 40. Or move upscale, and get the X5 diesel and still get 38. But not here, the Ford Explorer gets 23.

How about pickups? Pick from the VW Amarok and get 37, or the HiLux that gets 38. What do we get? The Chevy Colorado that gets 21 mpg.

For family sedans, best in the US without going hybrid is 35, with the VW Passat. How would you like 61? Get the Toyota Avensis (looks just slightly smaller than the Camry)? You can one up that and get 62 mpg in the 5-series with BMW's "Efficient Dynamics" diesel package. Also of note, the 3-series ED gets almost 69, and the 1-series with gets 74 mpg. BTW, the Euro VW Passat gets almost 69, nearly double the US car. Choose more for efficiency, and get the VW Golf or Toyota Yaris diesels, for 74mpg each. Or go all the way and pick up the VW Polo diesel and break 80mpg. Combined.

And people here get all giggly and start wetting their pants when a Ford Focus can get 40mpg high-way.

But O.M.G.! Electric vehicles!!!!! Ethanol!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. He even promised to bankrupt the coal industry during his election campain.

You are already seeing the first wave of price increases in your utility bills.

If his unrealistic goals come to pass, scrubbers will have to be installed in each power plant, that will increase your utility bills by almost double. Oklahoma is allowed to pass upgrades to the customers utility bills.

Yes, I work in a power plant.

Dennis, All of the coal talk aside, I've wondered how come here in Oklahoma we don't build natural gas power plants? We have an abundant supply of cheap NG, are there other reasons?

Latest posts

Top Bottom