Odd request from a former employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, to be this naive again... I used to be that way until I started a business w this exact demographic as my employee base. After you've had 3,000,000 no call no shows you become cynical. You don't believe any of their crap. Bc they no call no show, you don't hear a word from them until payday or when they need their DHS letter. Then all of the sudden they're banging down your door. Am I right, Dan b?
Worthless people.

Actually I am pretty naïve about this. After reading the threads, I've probably had a little change in my thinking.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I am pretty naïve about this. After reading the threads, I've probably had a little change in my thinking.

Nothing wrong with that. If you don't work with sub-caliber* people on a frequent basis, their mindset can be shocking, not to mention their outward behavior.

* Calling them "sub-caliber" is probably an unwarranted compliment. More like "squibs". :(

Lead Slinger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Gratitude, anticipation, expectation, entitlement, dependency.

The multifaceted decay of our species is propagated through incremental rationalizations of absurdity, among other things. Like getting paid to make babies. Feigning a disability. Suing a company because your coffee is hot.

In the mean time, when I got ran over on my bicycle in a cross walk, guess who got the tickets? Yup. Me. 2 or 3 of 'em. America just made that sound, the one that happens just before you wipe your ass. What was it...kerplunnk? Yup. That's the one.

Brad A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will schedule multiple caregivers to come in at the same time. We are lucky if we get 20% to show up for the initial interview.

^×1,000!
It is so sad. I'll receive tons of applications online daily. I make calls. Most don't answer or return the call. The ones that do, I schedule for an interview. If any show up, I'm stunned. There have been numerous occasions that i have scheduled 20+ interviews and 0 show. They only submit their applications to meet requirements for unemployment. They don't want to work. Meanwhile, I'll have 12-20 people that aren't authorized to work in the U.S. show up each week to apply...in person! Then you see why people hire illegal immigrants.
Oh, & the job starts at $10.25/hr and is mon-fri 8 am - 5pm w/raises to $11/hr after 2 months, PTO, holiday pay etc. So, it's unbelievable how hard it is to get people to apply, much less work, much less work well. But i always say that I'm in competition w the federal government for employees. Plenty of handouts so a job is optional.

Rusty Shackleford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^×1,000!
It is so sad. I'll receive tons of applications online daily. I make calls. Most don't answer or return the call. The ones that do, I schedule for an interview. If any show up, I'm stunned. There have been numerous occasions that i have scheduled 20+ interviews and 0 show. They only submit their applications to meet requirements for unemployment. They don't want to work. Meanwhile, I'll have 12-20 people that aren't authorized to work in the U.S. show up each week to apply...in person! Then you see why people hire illegal immigrants.
Oh, & the job starts at $10.25/hr and is mon-fri 8 am - 5pm w/raises to $11/hr after 2 months, PTO, holiday pay etc. So, it's unbelievable how hard it is to get people to apply, much less work, much less work well. But i always say that I'm in competition w the federal government for employees. Plenty of handouts so a job is optional.

I suspect the low pay is why you are dealing with many of the issues you are.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ironically I did get a call from DHS yesterday. requesting a current pay stub for an employee. Unfortunately it wasn't the employee that is the subject of this thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom