Oh NO! SNOW!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not about waiting till the last minute, its about thinking they need water because of some silly little flurries. Wx like this doesnt even make the news in places like wyoming and idaho. Its a non event.

Same here in Alaska. The weather lady on the news will usually say something like this "It might snow tomorrow or it might not." No stampede to WalMart.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that, but I've lived off of a well most of my life... We've always had backup water & I don't see how no one keeps water on hand as a regular thing... Why only right before weather?

Because they do not think about it until they get the warning.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here in Alaska. The weather lady on the news will usually say something like this "It might snow tomorrow or it might not." No stampede to WalMart.

It's also a non-event because those places have the equipment and knowledge on how to actually clear streets and roads to make them safer to travel on. It's been 24 hours since the last flake fell and the roads around here are still a solid sheet of ice. There have been crews sanding/salting but that is all. They haven't made a single attempt to get any of the slush/snow/ice OFF the road. Just let it melt then refreeze to another slicker sheet of ice :grumble:

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also a non-event because those places have the equipment and knowledge on how to actually clear streets and roads to make them safer to travel on. It's been 24 hours since the last flake fell and the roads around here are still a solid sheet of ice. There have been crews sanding/salting but that is all. They haven't made a single attempt to get any of the slush/snow/ice OFF the road. Just let it melt then refreeze to another slicker sheet of ice :grumble:

Yeah, this does make a huge difference.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go buy milk, bread and water in bulk before every storm. I don't need it but I do it just so I can scramble back home and log on here to see the beginning of the bitchfest :urwelcome:

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go buy milk, bread and water in bulk before every storm. I don't need it but I do it just so I can scramble back home and log on here to see the beginning of the bitchfest :urwelcome:

Hehe, you instigator you! I sense the troublemaker in you.. I bet you go camp out on black friday for stuff you don't really want just so you can be first in line don't you ;)

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have generators and your joking about the milk going bad aren't you?
It's 15 degrees outside. Just set it in the snow.

The folks I'm talkin about are the dips that we find dead cause they used their propane stove inside, who wouldn't have the smarts to put the milk in the snow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom