Oh Please, Herman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’ve got to be kidding. This is the same type of mentality that’s hamstrung White America for the last 30+ years. “Do whatever you want, but just don’t call me a racist”. Screw that. Let’s elect people based on politics, not political correctness.

Did you read the first part of my post? I agree w/ a majority of his base/core beliefs/views, this was a simple add on statement that was merely out of humor..

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you read the first part of my post? I agree w/ a majority of his base/core beliefs/views, this was a simple add on statement that was merely out of humor..

OK – humor and sarcasm don’t always come across over the ‘net. We disagree over some of his core beliefs and values, but that’s cool.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I've stated before, I don't know enough about Cain to support him and I don't think he has a shot at winning. I like some of the things he has said but that is about as far as it goes. If you want to bash him, I don't take offense and I'll consider your comments with an open mind. For all of his detractors in this thread though, please declare which candidate you'll be getting behind and why. Also, if your answer is Ron Paul, will you support anyone else if he fails to win the nomination?

We can spend countless hours bashing every candidate under the sun and rightfully so. Inevitably, someone is going to be elected though. While shedding light on a candidate's true nature is useful, it would be more practical to balance that by advocating for someone better. If you just want to remind us that every candiate is a politician and that politicians are scoundrels, I think we get that already. I haven't heard anyone here nominate any candidate as the savior of the free world.

Hopefully we're looking for a good person to do the best they can and not a "savior" who's going to fix everything, (any history there?).
As for any candidate the more info the better, if sharing info is "bashing" then what is hiding or ignoring it called?
Isn't it somewhat troubling that "politicians are scoundrels" is so accepted? Shouldn't it be a disqualification and not a prerequisite?

I don't agree with everything he say's but I like Ron Paul, and at this point the only way the "party" would get my vote.

Some consider military service to be important for a candidate, if one feels that way it leaves only Paul and Perry, and might raise a "double skeleton" for Romney

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK – humor and sarcasm don’t always come across over the ‘net. We disagree over some of his core beliefs and values, but that’s cool.

Again, statement of "a majority of his core beliefs". We may in fact agree/disagree to many of the same issues. Humor/sarcasm are rarely noticed and understood as such via the net. I do however like 75% of what I hear of him, more so than other candidates.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully we're looking for a good person to do the best they can and not a "savior" who's going to fix everything, (any history there?).
As for any candidate the more info the better, if sharing info is "bashing" then what is hiding or ignoring it called?
Isn't it somewhat troubling that "politicians are scoundrels" is so accepted? Shouldn't it be a disqualification and not a prerequisite?

I don't agree with everything he say's but I like Ron Paul, and at this point the only way the "party" would get my vote.

Some consider military service to be important for a candidate, if one feels that way it leaves only Paul and Perry, and might raise a "double skeleton" for Romney
I don't disagree with what should be and what isn't. That doesn't change what is. At some point there will be a vote. Perhaps some effort should be focused on who to vote for and why. I don't think none of the above will be on the ballot.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is "White America" hamstrung? Do YOU get followed around when you enter a department store? It's happened to Black professionals I know.

I'm not an advocate of political correctness, but to pretend like everything is equal and hunky-dorey is silly.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is "White America" hamstrung? Do YOU get followed around when you enter a department store? It's happened to Black professionals I know.

I'm not an advocate of political correctness, but to pretend like everything is equal and hunky-dorey is silly.
Ever try to be the white guy and get a government contract or job? It's not impossible but you'd better be way more qualified or way under bid your minority competition. Everything is not hunky-dorey or equal but their disadvantages to be had both ways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom