OHP rubbed me the wrong way today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was headed to town with the wife and we notice several cruisers at a 4-way stop a few miles outside altus. i know this drill...license and insurance papers. no prob. but then he asks where i am headed. WHAT?! are you serious. i was half tempted to act a fool, but i decided against it. and just said town. just pissed me off; its none of his business where i am headed on a county road.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe he was just trying to make small talk in a less-than-ideal situation for you.
There are a hundred different ways to look at it, depending on your angle.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he infringed on your God Given rights with that question! And by God, you should "take your rights back" and SUE, SUE, SUE!!!!:ooh2::ooh2::ooh2:

j/k Jeff's right, probably just small talk

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I'd have repliedwith the direction of travel.

"where are you headed?"

"East"

Sometimes I'm not really going anywhere special. (but someday I will).
This morning after the wife and I went to breakfast we decided to do a little exploring. Sometime in the last few days someone came down a paved section line road near our house that was apperantly dragging a trailer with a frozen wheel bearing. We decided to see how far he got with it Followed it for 6 miles before it got onto a road with fresh chip and seal and we could see the trail anymore.

"Where you headed?"

"That-a-way"

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
small talk is fine if we are getting fuel or eating somewhere or just chillin, but when i am going somewhere and these guys are just out in the middle of the road, its hardly a place for small talk.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and i was in a 90 chevy truck that i inherited from my dad and this sucker doesnt measure miles per gallon, its more like gallons per mile. i need to get where i am going.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ahhhh our weekly cop bashing thread. I was afraid we wouldnt have one. Two Alpha personalities clash on the street. So are you upset that you didnt make the cut at some PD somewhere or did you get a ticket last week so you are mad at all cops? I have asked this on stops before usually to just make some small talk. I never thought of it as infringing on your rights. You should have just pleaded the fifth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom