OHP rubbed me the wrong way today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
small talk is fine if we are getting fuel or eating somewhere or just chillin, but when i am going somewhere and these guys are just out in the middle of the road, its hardly a place for small talk.

But that's the point. That could exactly be the reason for small-talk. Since there is a bit of hassle for you while they are doing their job, a little small-talk to help ease tension would be apropos. It didn't take any extra time and wasn't likely an attempt to hold you any further from your destination.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You highway patrolmen!
Ahhhh our weekly cop bashing thread. I was afraid we wouldnt have one. Two Alpha personalities clash on the street. So are you upset that you didnt make the cut at some PD somewhere or did you get a ticket last week so you are mad at all cops? I have asked this on stops before usually to just make some small talk. I never thought of it as infringing on your rights. You should have just pleaded the fifth.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he would have asked you how your day was after pulling you over, you would have been upset with him for being a smart Alec.
you have to look at it from the other persons point of view. like this: i am just cruisin down the road minding my own business and i come to a stop sign that is manned by 'the man'. stopping me, asking for my license and insurance, and then wanting to know where i am going. i see that as nazi germany style rule. if he wanted small talk he should have asked how my day was going or is there anything i can do for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom