OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, it doesn't matter if he was insulting their mom. The responsibility for the physical attack rest solely on the "gentle giant man of God".

I imagine, the rest of the video will show the barking trooper starting out in a more reasoned manner and then growing more forceful as the two drunkards start launching colorful metaphors and refuse to get out of the ditch. Even then, he didn't initiate the assault or get physical. This wasn't a one sided conversation...you just hear more of the trooper's audio due to his proximity to the mic.

So why not show it, and vindicate the whole mess?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we haven't seen the first of video, I'm merely speculating here............as is everyone else, that the trooper didn't hop out of his cruiser screaming at them..........

None one jumps their drill instructor at basic do they? I've heard that they don't always speak nicely :rolleyes:

I don't pay to have drill instructors order me around. I pay to have reasonable officers enforce the law.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love the thin-skinned heros of OSA saying coulda, shoulda, woulda. Lotsa people were drowning in high waters, don't really care if some OHP was yelling at them or not.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OHP was definitely yelling from a distance, that doesn't require someone to run at him while armed.

Seriously, if you're not happy with being yelled at there are many other options:

1) Yell back
2) Ignore OHP
3) Walk AWAY from OHP
4) Stand a distance back and reply
5) Walk towards OHP and Comply
6) Call 911 yourself and ask for Supervisor
7) Make OHP come to you in the water
ETC

Many other options before:

1) Run straight at OHP and attack him while armed

Justified from what I see.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So why not show it, and vindicate the whole mess?

I believe they are releasing it to the family's legal team and any other investigating body.

The initial release to the public, is just that, the initial release and it shows who initiated the physical aggression.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It cracks me up that you guys who made incorrect assumptions and made comments about whether the shoot was justified are now making assumptions about what happened in the first 19 minutes of the video. You are assuming this trooper was all "amp'd" up when he jumped out of his car rather than waiting for the video to comment on actual facts. It just might be that the guys were drunken asshats who didn't respond well to polite comments for 18 minutes or so. I don't know. I wasn't there and haven't seen the video. Could be that the trooper was out to shoot somebody and instigated the whole thing.

In my limited experience with OHP, I have not encountered any who were unprofessional but then again I haven't met them all. I think it would be wise to wait for the whole video and avoid eating crow, again, or maybe you like crow.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they are releasing it to the family's legal team and any other investigating body.

The initial release to the public, is just that, the initial release and it shows who initiated the physical aggression.

Yeah, I understand that.

So why not just show the whole mess, vindicate the OHP, and silence the detractors?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You REALLY need to watch the video. There's a stop sign in the video which would indicate that the troopers, their vehicles and the two men are on a public roadway where the assault took place.

And sadly yet again, a British news agency completely owns the U.S. media on "How to report a story 101". :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ooper-tried-rescue-floodwaters-shot-dead.html

I have one relevant question on the matter. If the troopers are on a public roadway that's flooded and dangerous, out of their units and attempting to coerce two individuals out of the water for either safety or a sobriety check, then why are their emergency lights not flashing in the video? There's obvious traffic in front of them, so it wouldn't seem to make sense to have only the rear deck lights on.

Perhaps someone can explain this?

Well I slept on it and I think the trooper that got all excited it unprofessional and probably a jerk in his personal life. HOWEVER, I would not have ran and grabbed a cop drunk and neither would most people on this board; everyone knows it is a good way to get shot...the whole thing is tragic but ultimately, if on a public road, the case is probably closed. It still lends itself to a good training video for troopers on how not to provoke someone and treat citizens like animals.

I wonder if the trooper would have laid hands on first if they guy had come out of the water and just yelled back? I'm thinking they would have escalated it and taken the guy down if he yelled back at them within grabbing distance. But not matter what, the pastor chose to attack a cop so in my own weird way, I'm still defending the cop despite his provocative behavior. Most of the time, it is just the opposite...citizens talking trash to cop and then they attack LOL...in this the roles were reversed somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom