OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OHP said they are making the full 30 min video available to the concerned parties. Just because we don't get to watch it all in our underwear at the kitchen table a couple of days after the incident doesn't mean they are hiding anything.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OHP said they are making the full 30 min video available to the concerned parties. Just because we don't get to watch it all in our underwear at the kitchen table a couple of days after the incident doesn't mean they are hiding anything.

No, but only releasing a 5 second clip gives the appearance that they are.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trooper on the left shows that some people can't be trusted to wear a badge and that all the psych test in the world can't detect a chip on the shoulder-no matter how big or small. How different would this be if a professional trooper was there instead of this guy. Perfect chance for the good ones to do some house cleaning, hopefully that was recognized as conduct unbecoming.

Zero chance of this.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but only releasing a 5 second clip gives the appearance that they are.

Only to people who will damn the cops regardless of what the video shows.

Nothing that occured before the good pastor lunged at the trooper could justify his physical assault on another person...and since the fight that ensued after the attack was initiated appears to happen off camera you aren't going to get much from that either.

What exactly are you looking for?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nothing that occured before the good pastor lunged at the trooper could justify his physical assault on another person...and since the fight that ensued after the attack was initiated appears to happen off camera you aren't going to get much from that either.

I'd like to see the how long the trooper agitated the situation. I hold the preacher responsible for his actions, now I would like to see what was said prior to the preacher attacking. Does the trooper really think that he can speak to people that way and not end up in a physical altercation?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see the how long the trooper agitated the situation. I hold the preacher responsible for his actions, now I would like to see what was said prior to the preacher attacking. Does the trooper really think that he can speak to people that way and not end up in a physical altercation?

It appears so.

s3.amazonaws.com_stripgenerator_strip_92_38_45_00_00_full.png

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dead preacher obviously used bad judgement, there's no arguing that.

Why, oh why, would the OHP not release the entire video, and silence all the second-guessing and criticism?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I think you may be on to something here.............

What exactly are some looking for? I honestly believe, based on a few comments in this thread, and comments in other threads like this over the last year and half...........that God forbid that one of those troopers was killed, that some OSAers would have said, "he got what he deserved", based solely on the 5 min clip that they saw. And if we watch the full 30 minutes, and OHP was "too over the top" for some of the tender hearted, who believe being drunk, stranded in high water, ignoring an officers commands, and rushing the officer is okay.........it still wouldn't have been justified.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, it doesn't matter if he was insulting their mom. The responsibility for the physical attack rest solely on the "gentle giant man of God".

I imagine, the rest of the video will show the barking trooper starting out in a more reasoned manner and then growing more forceful as the two drunkards start launching colorful metaphors and refuse to get out of the ditch. Even then, he didn't initiate the assault or get physical. This wasn't a one sided conversation...you just hear more of the trooper's audio due to his proximity to the mic.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Since we haven't seen the first of video, I'm merely speculating here............as is everyone else, that the trooper didn't hop out of his cruiser screaming at them..........

None one jumps their drill instructor at basic do they? I've heard that they don't always speak nicely :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom