OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were really "intent" on killing the troopers why didn't the dead guy just pull out his gun and shoot them right from the start? Sounded like the trooper might have been using "fighting words" and taunting the guy. Dead guy just brought the fight to the trooper that the trooper wanted. Again, why didn't the troopers just deescalate the whole thing and leave? Cause they got the whole "god" complex going on. There was no crime being committed at the time. If they'd have just left these two yahoos alone no one would be dead.

If the troopers had just left and some other good old boy stopped and tried to help and they were to reply in a rude manner we may still have had a person die, just it may have been a good Samaritan that "dissed" (such a stupid term) a person who seems to have had a mad on going, could be from the truck getting flooded, could be alcohol related I dont know.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if a cop yells at you, or ANYONE yells at you, for that matter, you are justified in charging and physically attacking them?

I'm just checking here, just trying to get clarification.

Well, yeah, if you speak to a man the way the trooper was speaking to the preacher, you should be prepared to fight. I'm not sure it would be justified, but if I were on the jury the assaulter would not get convicted.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up my opinion on this until the full version is seen.
The OHP on the left was talking to the guy like a dog which was not necessary. The guy/minister, proved that when you do stupid things, bad things happen to you.

Best commentary of the day on this Dennis...both parties made choices that they should have done differently...sometimes us arm-chair quarterbacks are right!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think two brothers went out to fish and have fun or whatever, drank all day, had drunk tempers, ******* cop wouldn't let up when they were frustrated.

were they on Dad's land? If so, then this is the Bundy Ranch...2 grown men on private land hurting nobody, the armed one is legally carrying and out in the country, the authorities show up and escalate the situation...to me it matters a lot if they were DUI on a public road or not vs. being harassed and treated like subjects on their own land...that might make a lotta people mad...these troopers are men and not many of you like other men barking at you; especially if they are on your land and THEY are armed...need more info to come out...even if it is Bundy ranch and the cops escalated it, the pastor could have handled it in a safer manner and he'd still be here...God rest his soul fellas.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, yeah, if you speak to a man the way the trooper was speaking to the preacher, you should be prepared to fight. I'm not sure it would be justified, but if I were on the jury the assaulter would not get convicted.

So, If I walk into the FBT store and berate you for an issue, your going to stand there and smile?
I don't agree with the way the OHP was talking down to the guys, but it doesn't warrant the attack....unless your drunk and stupid.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Who called OHP, 911, did they just happen along and discover the brothers? How did they end up on scene? I'm not sure how many interactions I've seen over the years between OHP/SO with people who've crashed, are stranded in high water, etc..........and the only ones who've not gone smoothly are the intoxicated or high drivers/passengers. The only ones who've required repeated instructions on scene are the drunks and druggies.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were really "intent" on killing the troopers why didn't the dead guy just pull out his gun and shoot them right from the start? Sounded like the trooper might have been using "fighting words" and taunting the guy. Dead guy just brought the fight to the trooper that the trooper wanted. Again, why didn't the troopers just deescalate the whole thing and leave? Cause they got the whole "god" complex going on. There was no crime being committed at the time. If they'd have just left these two yahoos alone no one would be dead.

Did you quit or get kicked out of the academy, because you almost seem jealous you were just a regular LEO and not an OHP.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether the troopers should have been there is irrelevant, they were there.

Drunk brothers stranded in flood waters.
Angry trooper talking to drunk brothers like dogs.
Drunk brother says "oh fcuk this guy" and charges trooper.
Trooper defends himself.

Dead brother played the stupid game and won the grand prize.

Sounds a lot like the Mike Brown incident, cop is justified.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brother's version (if accurately conveyed in this article) is already compromised by the video.

He claims he had no idea what was going on and he didn't come out of the water until after his brother had already been shot. So, he was either so drunk he really doesn't know, or he's a liar....again if that really was his story from jail.

That story is totally false with the video. He was even gesturing at the OHP with his hands up. Speculation only, but he was not saying good evening, have a nice day.
Brother of a preacher, surely he wouldn't lie.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
were they on Dad's land? If so, then this is the Bundy Ranch...2 grown men on private land hurting nobody, the armed one is legally carrying and out in the country, the authorities show up and escalate the situation...to me it matters a lot if they were DUI on a public road or not vs. being harassed and treated like subjects on their own land...that might make a lotta people mad...these troopers are men and not many of you like other men barking at you; especially if they are on your land and THEY are armed...need more info to come out...even if it is Bundy ranch and the cops escalated it, the pastor could have handled it in a safer manner and he'd still be here...God rest his soul fellas.

You REALLY need to watch the video. There's a stop sign in the video which would indicate that the troopers, their vehicles and the two men are on a public roadway where the assault took place.

And sadly yet again, a British news agency completely owns the U.S. media on "How to report a story 101". :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ooper-tried-rescue-floodwaters-shot-dead.html

I have one relevant question on the matter. If the troopers are on a public roadway that's flooded and dangerous, out of their units and attempting to coerce two individuals out of the water for either safety or a sobriety check, then why are their emergency lights not flashing in the video? There's obvious traffic in front of them, so it wouldn't seem to make sense to have only the rear deck lights on.

Perhaps someone can explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom