OHP shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who said the shove caused an automatic death sentence?

The shove initiated the fight, a fight that continued after the shove. At some point in the fight the officer felt justified in using deadly force. There was nothing automatic about it.

I think that there is a considerable percentage of the population that just doesn't possess the critical thinking skills to connect those dots you laid out in this post or that they are just not inclined to do so. Either way I personally am really tired of this bullshite and it seems it's only getting started.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OHP that was doing all the mouthing and pulled the trigger will have the rest of his life to rethink his actions. I hope he thinks long and hard about what he would of done different. Just a bad deal all the way around.

reade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I understand correct that the brothers were on their dad's land? Is that where the truck was stuck or were they off the land when this happened?

Yeah, this is a sad ordeal all around.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why did they attack like that? It was very aggressive. If they were good at throwing punches they could have finished those troopers at the initial encounter. How can this not be considered a fair shooting?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because they were probably drunk...

Getting hammered, driving off the road, and picking a fight with cops is what all good married pastors do during a state of emergency.

Sheesh. Do you even pastor bro?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be nice to see the whole video. Hopefully it will be forthcoming with an Open Records Act request. I would also like to hear the surviving brother's version of the events.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because they were probably drunk...

Getting hammered, driving off the road, and picking a fight with cops is what all good married pastors do during a state of emergency.

Sheesh. Do you even pastor bro?

Haha. A lot of that sounds fun except for the getting shot part. Tryna stay free and on this side of the dirt for as long as possible.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why did they attack like that? It was very aggressive. If they were good at throwing punches they could have finished those troopers at the initial encounter. How can this not be considered a fair shooting?

If they were really "intent" on killing the troopers why didn't the dead guy just pull out his gun and shoot them right from the start? Sounded like the trooper might have been using "fighting words" and taunting the guy. Dead guy just brought the fight to the trooper that the trooper wanted. Again, why didn't the troopers just deescalate the whole thing and leave? Cause they got the whole "god" complex going on. There was no crime being committed at the time. If they'd have just left these two yahoos alone no one would be dead.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly!!

I believe this was a justified use of force on the officer's part. That being said, the officer should be reprimanded for escalating a situation. He should be held to a higher standard. He's the one whose job it is to go into situations like this. He's the one who hasn't been drinking. If you had his exact situation, except replace the left cop with a non-jerk, who isn't barking at the guys incessantly, I believe the entire ordeal turns out differently and no one ends up dead. There was no reason for the officer to act like that.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on this until the full version is seen.
The OHP on the left was talking to the guy like a dog which was not necessary. The guy/minister, proved that when you do stupid things, bad things happen to you.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up my opinion on this until the full version is seen.
The OHP on the left was talking to the guy like a dog which was not necessary. The guy/minister, proved that when you do stupid things, bad things happen to you.

Yes, I still reserve the right to change my opinion following release of full video and any other documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom