OHP Troopers at College Football Games

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand the Highway patrol provides troopers for all football games for both OU and OSU. I think as security for the coaches. I know nothing more about this because i am not a football fan.

However, I am a state employee and I am curious as to if the schools pay for these trooper's time and gas and for the use of their state car to do this? Not to mention the over time if any, the hotels, the per deim. In a time of drastic budget cuts, is this necessary? If the school does pay for it, then all is good.Im sure the troopers dont mind going to the games and all. But Im just curious. If there are any troopers out there, how do they determine who get to goto the games? Or is it a special detail... Someone enlighten me please.

Ummm, WOW! Not use to hearing that a gov't employee is concerned with the financial condition of their state.;)

Shouldn't matter who pays for the security. The additional cost to the county or state if they were to pay is nothing compared to the waste that happens everyday in the state or local gov'ts around the country.

ArealGunNut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the school does pay for it, then all is good? The school's are a state agency so im not following where the problem is? The real waste of money is what these athletic coach's are paid! Im all for having sports etc, but they should not be paid more than any other university employee. I hope the troopers get overtime etc for the extra hours. They are underpaid for the job they do everyday!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the school does pay for it, then all is good? The school's are a state agency so im not following where the problem is? The real waste of money is what these athletic coach's are paid! Im all for having sports etc, but they should not be paid more than any other university employee. I hope the troopers get overtime etc for the extra hours. They are underpaid for the job they do everyday!

I sure hope you were drunk when you wrote this. Or maybe just incredibly ignorant. Generally speakiing, in society, people are paid what they are worth. THis holds true to NCAA football coaches. If you win games and are always considered an elite program you will get paid great money.

Football is generally the biggest money maker and profit center for any college or university. When said football team is winning they sell more tickets to every game including away games which increased revenue, the better a team is and the higher the BCS ranking is the better chance of pulling down a lucrative (sp) Television contract for the season which means more money for the program and University, THe better the team is the better chance of them going to a Bowl game which will bring the shool even more money.

If the football team blows and is continually loosing then the coaches don't last. Simple as that.

So tell me: What do most of the anti-American ultra-liberal professors do for the universitys to justify there six-figure income?

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure hope you were drunk when you wrote this. Or maybe just incredibly ignorant. Generally speakiing, in society, people are paid what they are worth. THis holds true to NCAA football coaches. If you win games and are always considered an elite program you will get paid great money.

Football is generally the biggest money maker and profit center for any college or university. When said football team is winning they sell more tickets to every game including away games which increased revenue, the better a team is and the higher the BCS ranking is the better chance of pulling down a lucrative (sp) Television contract for the season which means more money for the program and University, THe better the team is the better chance of them going to a Bowl game which will bring the shool even more money.

If the football team blows and is continually loosing then the coaches don't last. Simple as that.

So tell me: What do most of the anti-American ultra-liberal professors do for the universitys to justify there six-figure income?[/QUOTE]

:musketeers::popcorn:

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
.....So tell me: What do most of the anti-American ultra-liberal professors do for the universitys to justify there six-figure income?

They have tenure, which means it takes an act of Congress or a real major screw up on their part to lose their jobs.
Some universities and many of their professors are pure wastes of tax payer money.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So tell me: What do most of the anti-American ultra-liberal professors do for the universitys to justify there six-figure income?

It's a wonder how colleges and universities like MIT, Columbia, Yale, Dartmouth, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Cornell, Georgetown, Carnegie Mellon, etc. survive, since they don't have nationally ranked football teams. Why would anyone even want to go to one of those schools?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you seen him without that jacket? Sometimes I wonder if BadgeBunny is in charge of their uniform fitting. :lookaroun
Because his shirt looks like it's about to explode into a vapor cloud. :lookaroun :lookaroun :bolt:

Pffft ... If I dressed those fellas they'd all be in brown speedos, mounty hats and sunglasses ... oh, and of course, the ever-present batbelt ... :hot:

Wait ... I can't find a pic of that Reno911 fella in the short shorts ... It is perfect!!! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom