oil change stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This on all GM vehicles that are equipped with it. A lot of engineering went into the computations that determinie when it comes on. Anyone still changing oil at 3000 mile intervals with modern oil and newer vehicles is throwing money and good oil out. Especially if you are using any kind of synthetic or synthetic blend oil. Even non synthetic oil will go longer than 3K miles today.

I'm a Ford man these days, but I got to admit the work they put in that is a nice feature that actually works. My 2002 Monte Carlo would go anywhere from 4500 to 11,000 between lights. They attempted to do it in a functional manner. I think it used coolant temp, RPM and time to do the calculations, IIRC. My dad's newer model Ford and my daughters newer model Nissan were no more than mileage counters. :nolike:

I use MS Excel to keep track of the maintenance on all of my vehicles, motorcycles, tractors, etc. Works fairly well

Same here.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This on all GM vehicles that are equipped with it. A lot of engineering went into the computations that determinie when it comes on. Anyone still changing oil at 3000 mile intervals with modern oil and newer vehicles is throwing money and good oil out. Especially if you are using any kind of synthetic or synthetic blend oil. Even non synthetic oil will go longer than 3K miles today.

Very true except it doesn't account for time. My wife barely puts any miles on her car 5 max a day so she would be going over a year without an oil change. The start and stop of the engine breaks down the oil over time. I change once a year or whenever the oil change light comes on whichever is first.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not as technical as most- I just use file folder labels that I put on the inside of the door. I keep my 4 changed myself, a sports car and an AWD/4x4 SUV here and an old lifted 4x4 and a muscle car at my other place in California. The wife has hers done at our local oilchange place and goes by their sticker or her cars sensor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom