OK...It frosted this morning... Does that mean...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never did go by that old rule.
I've even heard it said you have to wait until after the first snow.
whats up with that? :anyone:
Is snow supposed to be some sort of snake oil elixer that purifies the meat and makes it good???:hellno:

I've always been real carefull to look at the liver and other intestines to see if there is any abnormalities or discoloration, etc, and made sure they were throughly cooked.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to apply it to the South. Those critters even when sick are safe and warm in their dens anyway unless there is an extended freeze of several days. You can hunt them now. Just don't keep any that look sickly. Don't keep any that have spotted livers when you clean them. The bots they could have year round. If they have a big worm on them, just pull it off with the skin.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one yesterday that seemed a bit lathargic. I wasn't sure if it was just young and dumb or sick. It was young but just ran a few yards each time. I followed it for a whille and it never went more than a yard or two.

It seemed to be moving ok, but I wasn't sure. I contemplated shooting it to put it out of its misery, but wasn't sure if it was really sick. As many coyotes as we have, if it's sick, it will be dead soon anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom