OKCGC Appleseed AARs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many shooters did you have?
Do you think OKCGC will host another one soon?

We had right at 60 on Saturday and about 30 Sunday. We will have to talk with the club and make sure they are OK with hosting more in the future, if they are I'd like to plan on a Fall shoot.

Is this for OKCGC members only?

Ek

It was open to all.

Thanks for the feedback guys keep it coming. We had a lot of first but are trying to learn from them so future events run smoother and we get more shooting in.

Overall I think it was a great success I love hearing things like GC7 that he learned more in 2 days than in the past four years, someone else said their shooting improved more in one day than in 20 years.

I'll be posting a link for pictures a little later.

Cacinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brice, the gun club's part of the event was great. what i'd like to see improved has more to do w/ the appleseed side, and have, pretty much all been listed. mainly, not hearing commands, spreading the line out and on some of the drills where we shot the squares, it would have been helpful to have been able to check how we did after shooting at each square - there were a couple of times were we shot, reloaded and shot again w/o ever looking at the results. but, again, no real complaints about the gun club. i loved the high power range.

if you had one at the gun club in the fall i'd likely be there. if you had one at the gun club next year, i'd likely bring my son who'll be eight next year.

Clint.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoyed instructing at this shoot, and meeting some of you guys in person. I'd say overall it was a pretty successful event... 7 people scored Rifleman, including my dad, this being his first Appleseed! The results of the Redcoat targets showed that overall, the shooters greatly increased their max effective range. The large crowd made things a little difficult at times, but we had a good number of instructors show up and we kept things moving. I'm sorry if some of you had trouble hearing the commands and instructions... that's always a problem with long lines on windy days. On Sunday, I reminded the Instructors in Training to loudly echo commands and instructions, and I think it went better.

As for the 6 steps, you could certainly divide them up in different ways, consolidating some ideas into one step or dividing other steps up, but they are all things you need to be doing every time you fire a shot, or your shooting will suffer. At first you have to think about each step as you do it, and it takes longer, but as you repeat it over and over, it becomes muscle memory and you naturally do all 6 steps every time you shoot.

The Cleaner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no real complaints other than I was unable to make it to day two, I'm sure I misses out on some great instruction. I took my seven year old and he had a great time and performed even better than I could have expected. Thanks for a great shoot looking forward to Badlands.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
We should have all our numbers and AAR's complete in a few days . As we knew first hand this shoot would be great.I think if the weather would have been better the shooters would have been more.Not that it stops Appleseed we tend to shoot in all weather.Some of the 60 shooters we had 7 shoot to Riflemen standards score of 210 or better.I myself enjoy looking at the pic's of the event.WOW! The KD portion was great seems afew of you know what a MOA is when we call corrections I meant it to be that way .How else will you see what you and that rifle can do..

With all this being said I look forward to coming back to OKC soon .If not to do more shooting with the nra highpower shooters .We will be having another shoot in the next month.I will have Badlands in Grandfield up and running by the friday of the event.We have a few that will be able to help shooters with M1's and other battle rifles .Seems not many know just what all the clicks mean?

Seeya at Badlands the Instructors will be at the club house in town and at the campsite.

www.rwva.org

www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio

Latest posts

Top Bottom