Oklahoma Co world record buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. Being in town I don't see how this deer didn't draw attention.

I think it may be like my wife. She is always texting me while I'm out deer hunting, telling me there is a buck in the yard, or across the fence.
When I ask how big, how many points, she doesn't remember, just see's a deer with antlers, and has no concept to tell if it's big or not. I don't understand that.
I ask her if it's bigger or smaller than the one on the wall in the living room, and get a "I don't know" response.
WTF?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think it may be like my wife. She is always texting me while I'm out deer hunting, telling me there is a buck in the yard, or across the fence.
When I ask how big, how many points, she doesn't remember, just see's a deer with antlers, and has no concept to tell if it's big or not. I don't understand that.
I ask her if it's bigger or smaller than the one on the wall in the living room, and get a "I don't know" response.
WTF?

I think you should counter her behavior by hunting at home! :)

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The has to be one of the oddest/funniest stories I've seen in while.

There had to be DOH! moment when you realized you dozed timber holding a 200" buck. Lmao. I'm sorry but that's the funniest part of this story.

I agree. Being in town I don't see how this deer didn't draw attention.
While it's in OK county, it's not really "in town", it's a very different part of the city. It's in Green Pastures if you're familiar with it, no very populated and a very very impoverished area. This buck could easily have just been running 40 acres or so and crossing gravel roads that literally no one ever drives down. Biggest threat it would have faced is all of the wild dogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom