Oklahoma Drivers License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your don't undergo a background check showing place of residence before being issued a valid passport by the US Government? Is that what your saying?

Correct - you only have to prove citizenship (e.g.; certified copy of birth certificate). Nowhere in the passport application process do you have to show proof of where you currently live. You do have to supply photo ID, for which a DL is acceptable, but they don’t record your address off that ID. You will have to show proof of residency if you choose to apply for the upcoming Real ID in place of your existing Oklahoma DL. The passport has a place on one of the interior pages for you to write your address in pencil in case it’s lost and the finder wishes to return it.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct - you only have to prove citizenship (e.g.; certified copy of birth certificate). Nowhere in the passport application process do you have to show proof of where you currently live. You do have to supply photo ID, for which a DL is acceptable, but they don’t record your address off that ID. You will have to show proof of residency if you choose to apply for the upcoming Real ID in place your existing Oklahoma DL. The passport has a place on one of the interior pages for you to write your address in pencil in case it’s lost and the finder wishes to return it.
Let me quote my post.
"Lots of folks have PO boxes. My inlaws kept getting their mail stolen from the curbside box in a nicer section of Broken Arrow and decided to get a PO box.
You can produce a passport etc that lists a physical address to give the FFL."

From the ATF:
A combination of government issued documents may be used to meet the requirements of an identification document. For example, a passport which contains the name, date of birth, and photograph of the holder may be combined with a voter or vehicle registration card containing the residence address of the transferee in order to comply with the identification document requirements. A passport issued by a foreign government is also acceptable so long as it has all of the required information.

I guess I should have broken it down into more explanatory terms.
I knew what I was talking about. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom