Oklahoma judge finds aspect of state execution law unconstitutional

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
would their cases have been given the same scrutiny absent the death penalty?

If you're making a pro-death penalty argument with this bizarre rationalization then high five for that incredible stretch.

just trying to provoke thought and discussion. the death penalty gets the press. no one really talks about the likes of Jeff Pierce.

It seems the two individuals in this case do not dispute their convictions or sentences, just the manner of execution, but any discussion brings out both pro and anti death penalty proponents.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quoted from article:

"Both men have argued their constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment would be violated if the drugs were unsafe, causing them pain during execution."

What about the victims, and their families, that were killed and their rights?? Victims whether dead or alive should have rights.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quoted from article:
"Both men have argued their constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment would be violated if the drugs were unsafe, causing them pain during execution."

What about the victims, and their families, that were killed and their rights??

The weren't killed by the government, who has to abide by the rule of law.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the points I was trying to make were: A) What's the backup plan if anyone else contests cruel and unusual punishment?

B). At the lowest level, the State needs to devise execution that would be a mute point. Certified by "experts"-doctors, in the field dealing with death. They use them for professional testimony, why not certified/professional opinion. This needs to be done at the Federal level also.

C) As mentioned in this post, what is wrong with hanging...really snapping a neck? Seems its fairly quick and an immediate form of death. Firing squad...quick and immediate. How quick and inhumane is electrocution? Not the Guillotine. .in many peoples eyes (not mine) that would seem a draconian method.

If the main argument is lingering and painful death, it would seem to me to find resesrch on the three I have mentioned (hanging, firing squad, and electrocution) and do a comparison study on time of death and if the executed "complained" of having to linger and wait for a slow death....such as the "slow" death the prisoners are complaing about. You know..like when the doctor has to certify death...even though everyone knows they're dead...but it has to be official.

Bottom line a backup plan needs to be implemented now, to resolve future issues!!! Or just find one, have it medically certified and follow through with it. When it's state medically certified..I mean one that is almost impossible to argue. I know, I know..have another certified doctor argue against it.

I'm sure injection was certified, prescribed, and carfully studied before it wqs implemented. ..by medical staff.

What gets me is how can they argue this procedure?? Medical malpractice under lingering and painful death???

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Crap!! This just hit me!!

If the state finds that injections are unlawful, unconstitutional, unwhatever...

Can the families of previous executed inmates, ines who were executed by the "illegal" injections...can those family members sue the state for reparations???

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess maybe they could come up with some method where the criminals don't see it coming. You know sneak up on them and give them a quick axe to the head. No mental anguish involved.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess maybe they could come up with some method where the criminals don't see it coming. You know sneak up on them and give them a quick axe to the head. No mental anguish involved.

You know, if everyone is so worried about these guys and their "mental anguish" then they need to slip something into their dinner (or drink) tonight to help them fall asleep. I would suggest a couple of Ambien ... or 4 .... with a nice, cold beer. They'd like that ... Get them something nice for all the "pain" they've suffered since their capture and conviction. Then, once they are asleep, they need to send someone into their cell to put a bullet between their eyes ... or the back of their heads ... whichever ...

No muss, no fuss, no mental anguish ... They just got sleepy and didn't wake up ...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, if everyone is so worried about these guys and their "mental anguish" then they need to slip something into their dinner (or drink) tonight to help them fall asleep. I would suggest a couple of Ambien ... or 4 .... with a nice, cold beer. They'd like that ... Get them something nice for all the "pain" they've suffered since their capture and conviction. Then, once they are asleep, they need to send someone into their cell to put a bullet between their eyes ... or the back of their heads ... whichever ...

No muss, no fuss, no mental anguish ... They just got sleepy and didn't wake up ...

Exactly. This whole suffering and anguish angle is nothing more than an anti-death penalty ploy to keep sticking it to society and delay the inevitable.

As far as I'm concerned, we could "set them free" on an express boat to the afterlife and just tell everyone "We let them go but unfortunately, they died...". I'll bet a rickety old boat and a few pounds of C4 is cheaper than these drug coctails anyway. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom