Olympics Coming To OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what the facilities and infrastructure cost. The Olympics are a notorious worldwide scourge for enabling crushing municipal debt and leaving permanent, useless, bleak monuments in their wake.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought they were using the softball complex where collegiate championship games are held, and having the kayak white water courses near brick town where many olympic hopefuls already train in okc

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I row for our corporate team and spoke with the Riversport coordinator about the Olympics. They would need to redo the bridges over the river to have open water for the whole race.
I’m interested in that comment.
Is there not enough open water between the bridges for a competition?
I honestly know nothing about rowing sports other than like to watch them.
Edit: I see you already answered that.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any topic...Have to have all the negative comments. We sound like the snowflakes we used to hate.....
It's called "virtue signaling". Complainers trying to sound superior to others for something that most find positive.

Kind of like people that announce "I don't watch the NFL anymore because of XYZ". Why the need to say that if it is important to you, just stop watching and don't make a show about it?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called "virtue signaling". Complainers trying to sound superior to others for something that most find positive.

Kind of like people that announce "I don't watch the NFL anymore because of XYZ". Why the need to say that if it is important to you, just stop watching and don't make a show about it?
Well I can't speak for you guys but I've always been told (by men, of course) that complaining was a "hormonal issue". Like women are the complainers ... 🤷🤷😉 Midol, anyone? 😉😘

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spending money on infrastructure and others things that will be "needed" to support the Olympic venues..........hotels, restaurants and such will make like bandits while the common citizens support it all thu taxes or mapps taxes..........just like the basketball area and practice gym we front the money and supposedly it will get paid back thru rent etc....after the pols get done dipping into the bucket

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You got it

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I can't speak for you guys but I've always been told (by men, of course) that complaining was a "hormonal issue". Like women are the complainers ... 🤷🤷😉 Midol, anyone? 😉😘
You ever get the feeling some of these guys are the ones the gays are talking about when they say men can get periods? 🤣 🤣 🤣 :bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom