Only victims of gun violence can have valid opinions on gun laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your problem is you want to see the issue in black and white, either or.

Two people tell you about their experiences in a restaurant.

One of them has eaten there and tells you it was the best bar-b-que he ever had was there today for lunch.
The other person never ate there so you ignore his opinion when he advises you to avoid eating there.

So you chose to eat there. Great it's your choice.

The second person who advised against eating at the restaraunt never ate there so you ignored him.

He based his advice on his experience in the emergency room
having treated four of the people who ate there last night for salmonella food poisoning.

It is your right to value other peoples opinions in any way that you wish, It is not rational to expect others to share your exact values.

Your logic just got you a case of the runs.

Belthos

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your problem is you want to see the issue in black and white, either or.

Two people tell you about their experiences in a restaurant.

One of them has eaten there and tells you it was the best bar-b-que he ever had was there today for lunch.
The other person never ate there so you ignore his opinion when he advises you to avoid eating there.

So you chose to eat there. Great it's your choice.

The second person who advised against eating at the restaraunt never ate there so you ignored him.

He based his advice on his experience in the emergency room
having treated four of the people who ate there last night for salmonella food poisoning.

It is your right to value other peoples opinions in any way that you wish, It is not rational to expect others to share your exact values.

Your logic just got you a case of the runs.

Belthos

:rollingla

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait til all the guns are gone. You old geezer's will be powerless to defend yourselves from mobs of younger stronger faster criminals.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only victims of slander and libel can have valid opinions on the first amendment and its limitations.

Since all law abiding gun-owners are almost daily slandered and maligned unfairly, I guess we are allowed to comment on the first amendment and its limitations?

:)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, the OP's position is backed by a logical fallacy, the argument from authority, IOW, a position is made true by virtue of who says it. His position, it seems to me, is that the only way to have a valid POV on something is experience it personally. Those persons holding the opposing side of an argument don't know what they are talking about and therefore their opinion is rendered invalid.

Your opinion is the only correct one because of who you are are. This is nothing more than an appeal to authority and such an argument is a logical fallacy.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback to my thread. It has been very interesting. I appreaciate all the responses, even the ones that went out of their way to rude and insulting.

MODS, please lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom