Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think many will open carry if it does pass. I may or may not OC but I do like the option. As I stated in a previous post either this thread or another is my main concern is if I accidentally expose or if I print I just want to be covered . Another is I would like to be able to carry a bigger gun if I want and not worry about it. Might be a push for a 1911 or another large gun . But right now I would be happy if a law for casual exposure is passed.

me too, I wouldnt worry so much about printing too bad or if the breeze blows my shirt up and some granny sees my glock, or whatever i am carrying at the time.

ruckerduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is a gun oriented website, and i'm shocked at the objections! Gun guys are worried about the idiots and "badassery"!! This sounds too familiar to what i heard when ccw was up for laws in the mid '90's! Anti's were scared that there would be ok corral in the streets across the state. You all questioning are doing the same thing! Are there dumbasses? Yes, but most of them don't own guns in a legal manner! You all need to think of yourself first and not worry about the other guy. Arm yourself, and let the err be on the side of freedom!

amen brother!!!

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the OK proposed law is tied to the SDA CW card. Your saying the 5% of us in OK who have this card will go all Billy Badassed?

Run the numbers fella. If this law passes... you will see about 10 open guns a year. Hunting season... out in the boonies or some similar situation.

The few of us who may "actually" open carry will be doing so in business casual wear...IWB. I did it for a long time like that... and never drew a second look from anyone. Peace officers included, in places it's legal to do so.

Now for those 3 people who strap a Colt Walker on in a Carved Floral Mexican Loop holster.... that gets old fast... and I expect the novelty to die quickly.

Well, I guess come November we shall see... :)

Very well said. I too can't believe the bull sh-t I've been reading here. Oklahoma is finally taking a step in the right direction and all you people can do is beech about it.

It is bullsh!t because we disagree with you? Really, this is a public forum where we are allowed to have more than one opinion. Don't be so narrow-minded as to think because I disagree with you that my stance is bullsh!t and yours isn't. Beeching about it? Well, I'd call it an open forum discussion but we can agree to disagree on that one...

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are seeing the same worries that took place before ccw laws passed. People are just ignorant and their first reaction is negative. Fact is, it's been prooved by many other states that the fears are unjustified. Either we have the right to "keep and BEAR ARMS" or we don't. Even though I probably will not open carry, the constitution says I have the right.

Here's a list of states that already have unrestricted open carry laws.
Alabama
Alaska
Montana
Idaho
Wyoming
Nevada
Arizona
New Mexico
South Dakota
Vermont
Kentucky
Virginia

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dx3 said:

It is bullsh!t because we disagree with you? Really, this is a public forum where we are allowed to have more than one opinion. Don't be so narrow-minded as to think because I disagree with you that my stance is bullsh!t and yours isn't. Beeching about it? Well, I'd call it an open forum discussion but we can agree to disagree on that one...

It may not be bs. But if your against open carry and say you support the 2nd is a pretty hypocritical comment

O

oklacowboy

Is it bullsh-t to believe in our second amendment rights? The gun laws will only affect honest people.

007Poke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are seeing the same worries that took place before ccw laws passed. People are just ignorant and their first reaction is negative. Fact is, it's been prooved by many other states that the fears are unjustified. Either we have the right to "keep and BEAR ARMS" or we don't. Even though I probably will not open carry, the constitution says I have the right.

Here's a list of states that already have unrestricted open carry laws.
Alabama
Alaska
Montana
Idaho
Wyoming
Nevada
Arizona
New Mexico
South Dakota
Vermont
Kentucky
Virginia

Of these states that we have traveled to I do not recall seeing one not one person carrying in the open. Assuming that someone was their overall appearance and the manner they open carried was not such that it appeared to be a threat or my wife who is gun leery would have been pointing it out.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One scenario, two versions:

You walk into Quicktrip, dressed in decent clothes, hopefully a decent haircut and no plate-sized gage's in your earlobes. Just a normal looking citizen, not a dirtbag.

1.) You are open carrying
2.) Same scenario but concealed carrying, and while you are inside, your cover garment mysteriously rides up and exposes your 'hidden' weapon.

I think that most people in version 1 will probably just think you are in law enforcement and not pay much attention to it. I see LEOs in plain clothes open carrying often and won't give it a second thought or glance. They just give off the vibe that 'I'm supposed to be carrying this weapon, nothing to see here'.

I think that version 2 is where some granny will freak out and call the police, 'man with a gun!'.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think people are going to freak out near as bad as what some people are thinking because they see someone OC. Now, if you look like you've been living on the street for 6 months, then yes that would probably raise some concerns. But everyone on here that I have met in person have been straight-up, normal looking, decent people. I also know that not every CCL holder is a member here and the fact that you have a CCL doesn't automagically make you a model citizen.

I think a lot of the sheeple's perception of whether or not to panic over the sight of a gun is based in large part on the physical appearance of the person carrying, instead of being only about the gun. I think if you are clean cut and dressed well that puts them more 'at-ease'. I know that's not *always* the case, but I think it would be most of the time.

It's the same thing with a LEO encounter. He's going to feel less on edge if you look like John Q. Model Citizen, speaking clearly, politely and respectfully, instead of John Q. Meth-head when he walks up to your car window.

Anyway, this is just my own personal opinion and hunch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom