Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oklacowboy

I'd counter your opinion ... Michigan allows open carry. And it's not tied to your CCW permit. Between my son and I... we have observed exactly "1" person heeled in plain view. We both traveled a lot in state over the time I was there...

You have to look to find an open gun in MO and Arizona for that matter. Spent a lot of time in rural Kentucky too... you may see a handgun in the open during the fall season... but probably not in down town Louisville.

Most people are smarter than we credit them on this kind of thing.
That is very true.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys know it's against the law today to sit in your car- with the pistol exposed on your waist.
Open carry let's you do that simple thing without breaking the law.
Go to the barber... take your coat off? You can if this passes.
Jump out to pump gas .....in Tipton (or your favorite small town)?...no harm-no foul.
Cross the road on a ATV or horse to get to your stock on the other side?....Ditto.
Yea.... you probably won't carry 'open' just because you can.... but in this state (like most of flyover country) there is probably nobody around to see you anyway.

That's how I feel about it.

I can't imagine the number of crimes there will be when these dumbasses draw their weapon in an act of "badassery".

I've heard that argument. A guy on the radio yesterday said he feared a potential shootout just because one guy looked sideways at another. That's just silly.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a gun oriented website, and I'm shocked at the objections! Gun guys are worried about the idiots and "badassery"!! This sounds too familiar to what I heard when CCW was up for laws in the mid '90's! Anti's were scared that there would be OK Corral in the streets across the state. You all questioning are doing the same thing! Are there dumbasses? Yes, but most of them don't own guns in a legal manner! You all need to think of yourself first and not worry about the other guy. Arm yourself, and let the err be on the side of freedom!

O

oklacowboy

This is a gun oriented website, and I'm shocked at the objections! Gun guys are worried about the idiots and "badassery"!! This sounds too familiar to what I heard when CCW was up for laws in the mid '90's! Anti's were scared that there would be OK Corral in the streets across the state. You all questioning are doing the same thing! Are there dumbasses? Yes, but most of them don't own guns in a legal manner! You all need to think of yourself first and not worry about the other guy. Arm yourself, and let the err be on the side of freedom!
Very well said. I too can't believe the bull sh-t I've been reading here. Oklahoma is finally taking a step in the right direction and all you people can do is beech about it.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think many will open carry if it does pass. I may or may not OC but I do like the option. As I stated in a previous post either this thread or another is my main concern is if I accidentally expose or if I print I just want to be covered . Another is I would like to be able to carry a bigger gun if I want and not worry about it. Might be a push for a 1911 or another large gun . But right now I would be happy if a law for casual exposure is passed.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys know it's against the law today to sit in your car- with the pistol exposed on your waist.

Open carry let's you do that simple thing without breaking the law.

Go to the barber... take your coat off? You can if this passes.

Jump out to pump gas .....in Tipton (or your favorite small town)?...no harm-no foul.

Cross the road on a ATV or horse to get to your stock on the other side?....Ditto.

Yea.... you probably won't carry 'open' just because you can.... but in this state (like most of flyover country) there is probably no around to see you anyway.

Good real world examples and exactly why we need open carry. Also, more and more people seem to be completely unfamiliar with firearms and panic at the sight of a gun. Hopefully, guns carried and exposed in a responsible way will eventually desensitize some people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom