Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well when I get a good retention holster for my M&P 40c I will OC on my way to any gun range, to the farm, possibly when walking the dogs and when around the house, and that's about it, when I'm anywhere a crowd could be around its back to the .380 in the pocket and the snub nose on the ankle

JRF01

Marksman
Reaction score
Here is what I think and what I will do. If I want to OC I will, if I want to CC I will, either way I cannot say that someone is wrong because they choose to do things differently than I do. I think that OC passing is a good thing just as I was glad when I was able to CC. What I don't think is good is the fact that on here people are arguing about who is right or wrong. I hope that by November One people will realize that this argument will bring more negative attention to our favorite amendment than just letting things be.

J

JJEH

People carried open even before the US were founded. It's sad that rules, regulations and even laws are subject to change (not just gun related) only beause of some knuckleheads ...

dra1965

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me probably not but it is a little better for some cases when the shirt rises up or your jacket blows open and someone sees your piece and wants to report you. Might do it once just to say I did.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed means concealed.
'If your shirt rides up its NOT concealed.
Do you think the criminal element is not looking for hidden, concealed, weapons?
The Idea that its OK to conceal and ..print ..a..Little ....seems kinda silly to me.
I probably wont change...I dress around my weapon's.
To each their own...Good Luck

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the secretive 'printed weapon' or a 'peek at a weapon' will probably generate more MWAG calls than those being worn openly IWB or OWB. If the gun is in a good looking IWB or OWB holster and the person's looks & demeanor isn't threatening.. most people will scan the guy / gal... 'profile' them, and perceiving no threat go on about their business.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, I will continue to CC but it will be nice to not have to worry so much about printing or my shirt blowing up and "Go on about my business" and not have to make sure I am hidden as a priority all the time. I have only been CC a short time, but already tired of having to constantly be aware to be sure to overly hide, the way it has been for many years for others. Thanks to all on this site that helped us be able to be "Normal People" and getting this passed.

P

Pdw

I will CC. Don't want to advertise the fact I have a firearm, out of respect to those around me. Also, I don't want to give away any possible advantage or element of surprise. I don't want to be challenged. I'd rather fly under the radar. I'm satisfied that I can carry my firearm cc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom