Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted never. I like the law for the fact that if my clothing should expose my weapon while out I won't have to worry about it.

My CC instructor put it this way to us all (he doesn't mind open carry, but is not a huge advocate of it): if you are out and some knucklehead decides to knock off a bank (if you're at one) or a convenience store and he sees that you're carrying, who do you think the first person he'll put down is? The perceived threats (those who he KNOWS is carrying). If he doesn't know I'm carrying, all the better.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted never. I like the law for the fact that if my clothing should expose my weapon while out I won't have to worry about it.

My CC instructor put it this way to us all (he doesn't mind open carry, but is not a huge advocate of it): if you are out and some knucklehead decides to knock off a bank (if you're at one) or a convenience store and he sees that you're carrying, who do you think the first person he'll put down is? The perceived threats (those who he KNOWS is carrying). If he doesn't know I'm carrying, all the better.

This is the way a calm rational person thinks not the mindset of the average criminal. The human brain also does not see what it does not expect in most high stress situations. Bad guys aren't looking for law abiding citizens to be carrying firearms. They are looking for those guys in uniform that stand out in a crowd. This scenario doesn't happen in other states and won't happen here.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

... if he know's you're carrying, he'll likely move on to another bank, or wait for another day...

"one sword often keeps the other in the scabbard"

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the way a calm rational person thinks not the mindset of the average criminal. The human brain also does not see what it does not expect in most high stress situations. Bad guys aren't looking for law abiding citizens to be carrying firearms. They are looking for those guys in uniform that stand out in a crowd. This scenario doesn't happen in other states and won't happen here.

And just exactly what evidence do you have to substantiate this statement about criminals?

Bigman405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chose sometimes. Just depends on the time and place. Oklahoma needs to have a yearly open carry picnic,just like in Wisconsin. I would definitely go to it. Wonder if any one can organize this event or does it have to be like a
organization or business.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... if he know's you're carrying, he'll likely move on to another bank, or wait for another day...

"one sword often keeps the other in the scabbard"

But if the criminal is already committed to the act, how do you know what he's going to do.

In my mind, unless you're wearing a uniform that indicates you're part of either the military or a LEO, and you're open carrying, you become a little more of a target as a perceived threat. But I realize mine isn't the only opinion. I just won't open carry. Some others will and it won't bother me if I see them doing so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom