Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The press release says OK prohibits carry in liquor stores. Not true unless 1733 changed the list of prohibited places. Liquor stores are not a prohibited place since they don't sell liquor for the purpose of consumption on the premises. Only those businesses that sell alcoholic beverages on site for the purpose of consumption and as the primary business are prohibited.

Makes one question the competency of those who write the governor's press releases and if the releases are vetted for accuracy before being released.

Oh well - I'm not gonna tell her. We've all know for a long time that journalists rarely get it right when it comes to firearms.

We're all just glad she signed it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Businesses may continue to prohibit firearms to be carried on their premises. SB 1733 prohibits carrying firearms on properties owned or leased by the city, state or federal government, at corrections facilities, in schools or college campuses, liquor stores and at sports arenas during sporting events.
This appears to be inaccurate. 21 O.S. 1272 will continue to forbid possession of a firearm where alcohol is sold for consumption, but I don't see anything in the original statute or in the amendment to address liquor stores. Further, §1290 appears to still allow carrying pursuant to an SDA permit where alcohol is sold for consumption, but is not the primary purpose of the business, and as long as the person carrying isn't drinking. If anybody sees something different, please let me know what I've missed.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I found no changes un section Section 1277.
UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES. Nothing has been added in regard to prohibited places.

Michael

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted never, because it will never be intentional, BUT, I won't be worried about reaching above my head, for anything again. I worry constantly now, because I might unintentionally "print" or "show" my weapon.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I voted never, because it will never be intentional, BUT, I won't be worried about reaching above my head, for anything again. I worry constantly now, because I might unintentionally "print" or "show" my weapon.

I don't get this idea.

If I'm concealing, I want it to stay that way. I probably won't change much in the way I carry after Nov 1. IMO, either conceal and keep it concealed, or carry open.

Again, just my opinion, but I think someone who "accidentally" uncovers a concealed weapon in public will garner more (and more negative) attention than someone who is carrying open to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom