Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

dra1965

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will mostly carry concealed but just be I can. The open carry i Think will help with the fear of exposure while concealed carry. Not feeling so paranoid if you jacket opens or shirt raises up.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will mostly carry concealed but just be I can. The open carry i Think will help with the fear of exposure while concealed carry. Not feeling so paranoid if you jacket opens or shirt raises up.
This is an important issue for those of us that ride bikes. Even my best cover garments have failed me on occasion when riding.

Michael

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an important issue for those of us that ride bikes. Even my best cover garments have failed me on occasion when riding.

Michael

I am with you on this ^^^. Long bike rides and hiking in the woods both came to mind. Now, I don't mind if others OC but I intend to use that right sparingly and am more pleased that if I accidentally un-conceal I am not at jeopardy of being arrested.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My how times have changed.

120 years or so ago people believed that only cowards and scum carried weapons concealed. Honest law abiding citizens carried open for all to see.

Now the tables have turned and the overwhelming attitude, even here on OSA seems to be if you choose to carry open you're either tactically stupid, insensitive to the feelings of the sheople who would be scared to see such a thing or some kind of radical activist Rambo wannabee. Those attitudes in and of themselves are highly indicative of just how much the antis have achieved in their war against firearms. They treat the issue as one of culture. We treat it as one of rights. Guess what? Sheople don't give a hoot or a holller about rights.

O

oklacowboy

120 years or so ago people believed that only cowards and scum carried weapons concealed. Honest law abiding citizens carried open for all to see.

Now the tables have turned and the overwhelming attitude, even here on OSA seems to be if you choose to carry open you're either tactically stupid, insensitive to the feelings of the sheople who would be scared to see such a thing or some kind of radical activist Rambo wannabee. Those attitudes in and of themselves are highly indicative of just how much the antis have achieved in their war against firearms. They treat the issue as one of culture. We treat it as one of rights. Guess what? Sheople don't give a hoot or a holller about rights.
I have to agree with you. I can't believe some of the attitudes around here. At the top of this page it says OSA, Oklahoma's Second Amendment Community.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted "sometimes". I don't even carry concealed that much anymore, but it's nice to be able to if I want to or feel the need to.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Just because a person "feels" that way, or has that opinion, doesn't mean he/she doesn't support the right.I doubt if there are many on here that , had it been to a public vote, would have voted no on the bill.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep, and it was only 150 years when Jim Bridger was trapping Beaver along the Wind River area in Wyoming as well as helping homesteaders on the way from the East to Oregon. And that was about the same time that Bridger was scouting for the military fighting the Indian wars as well.

And, it was only about 135 years ago that a local Sheriff and his posse from Hugoton, Kansas were chasing some bank robbers out of Kansas into what was then No Man's Land [Oklahoma Panhandle]. The posse had chased the outlaws into an area just East of present day Hooker, Oklahoma and were bedded down in an alfalfa field when the outlaws doubled back on the posse and slaughtered them. That was the straw that broke the camel's back causing the US Congress to attach No Man's Land to the body of Oklahoma thus creating law in what is now the Oklahoma Panhandle.

Times change and with the changing of the times, peoples opinions about issues change as well. I have read most of this thread and I didn't read anything that suggested that people suggested anyone wanting to "Open Carry" were either tactically stupid or insensitive to others feeling on the issue. What I read was that most people didn't think they open carry much at all. Most suggested that they might open carry on private property or when out hiking or riding bikes etc.

For myself, I will likely never open carry unless, I am out in the boonies or in some situation where I think it is warranted for some reason. Heck, I may never open carry, but I don't really care what you do. Or, for that matter, I don't really care what others do on the issue. I don't think you are stupid for open carrying. But, I do think it is a little silly to not think people's opinions have changed in the last 120 years.

I am way more worried about where this country is going on other issues than just gun laws. Do you know the Mayor of LA is trying to pass a city ordinance preventing anyone from selling/buying a soft drink in a containers over 16 ounces?

Now that is fricking stupid, but crap like this is happening every damn day.

My greatest fear is Obama and his ilk and interest rates over 5%. As when interest rates get to the 5 - 7% rate the interest on our national debt is going to bankrupt us. Then you will likely see rioting in the streets. That is what I worry about ... not what some thought on open carry 120 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom