Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's one article.

where is the evidence to suggest open carry increases one's likelyhood of being a target?

I never said it did. However if someone is going to make a statement about how violent criminals are going to behave I want to know where they got their information/opinion. How I choose to carry is not a casual decision. Its one that may impact my life, the life of my loved ones, and the life of innocent people around me. To make the assumption that merely wearing your gun in the open makes you safer and deters crime is IMHO ignorant and irresponsible. You better train and plan for your worst day if you carry and that includes the day the criminal is motivate, capable, and not afraid of your gun.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said it did. However if someone is going to make a statement about how violent criminals are going to behave I want to know where they got their information/opinion. How I choose to carry is not a casual decision. Its one that may impact my life, the life of my loved ones, and the life of innocent people around me. To make the assumption that merely wearing your gun in the open makes you safer and deters crime is IMHO ignorant and irresponsible. You better train and plan for your worst day if you carry and that includes the day the criminal is motivate, capable, and not afraid of your gun.

Exactly the point my instructor was making. While it will deter in many cases, should you find yourself in a situation where a trained criminal gunman (even if you think the criminal mind may be insane or not, many are VERY intelligent and have training) has to assess his or her situation, I'd rather not be displaying my weapon. What they don't know might hurt them in this instance, as opposed what they don't know won't hurt them.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly the point my instructor was making. While it will deter in many cases, should you find yourself in a situation where a trained criminal gunman (even if you think the criminal mind may be insane or not, many are VERY intelligent and have training) has to assess his or her situation, I'd rather not be displaying my weapon. What they don't know might hurt them in this instance, as opposed what they don't know won't hurt them.

You just said something extremely important..."criminals train"!

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think y'all are arguing for the sake of arguing. I doubt either one will change their minds. The ONLY facts anyone has to go by is the states before us and their open carry citizens. Has open carry made people targets or not. I think open carry is great... I'll never have to worry about printing or flashing it when my shirt rides up(it's hard to find good shirts for tall people)

Latest posts

Top Bottom