Open Carry Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often will you open carry?

• Total voters

SigInBoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it's more a question of worrying less about fully concealing. When I don't have to sweat over whether my gun is printing or trying to conceal IWB, I can carry my bigger one and just not care so much if it pokes out here or there, or if one of my children tugs on my shirt and reveals it, or if I just don't feel like concealing and decide to go all open and out there, rather than work an outfit around trying to hide a smaller gun. [Can you hear it? The Braveheart "FREEDOM" call is ringing in my ears.]

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I truly believe you should carry as you see fit without these permits that are contrary to the Second Amendment.

Most responsible people who carry will seek training and practice on their own.

I disagree with you saying that's the way it should be.

You can certainly disagree with me. After all, everyone has a right to be wrong! :D

Without trying to sound too cold hearted isn't this a good thing? If the bad guys attention is drawn towards the open carrier ans away from you doesn't that make you safer? Wouldn't it give you time to either get away or if you are carrying concealed to draw your weapon and take a shot at the bad guy without him even knowing you were there. This sounds great to me. You have your own personal decoy to draw fire and attention away from you.

I have to admire you for your concern for the safety of a total stranger who is doing something that puts his life in danger. I have to ask is his life that important to you or is it just that you feel he shouldn't be doing something that you yourself do not approve of?

Michael

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! I could care less if someone else decides to open carry in a populated public area. I'm not going to give away my tactical advantage just because someone else does.

If someone is carrying openly and acting in a hostile or aggressive manner, I'll be having a talk with them. When you carry, it comes with certain responsibilities. One of them is to act in a rational manner.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that most people would not be upset with reasonable weapons being carried in the open.. it is the overboard ones that will draw public concern.

Someone wearing a Desert Eagle .44 mag, a western gunfighter rig, or 2 -1911 .45's in shoulder holsters like John Dillinger are gonna be the kind that upset people... not those of us wearing a nice looking hip holster with a well maintained weapon. I use to be a armed private investigator with my agency license.. it never raised concerns from the business owners when Armed plain clothes PI's were in resturants eating while wearing a .38 spl revolver or 9mm, .40 or .45 cal pistol... or went into a store to conduct business.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! I could care less if someone else decides to open carry in a populated public area. I'm not going to give away my tactical advantage just because someone else does.

This my take on it.

I like the idea of being able to work in my front yard with an OWB holster or going camping or hunting with one or being able to take my sportcoat off at a restaurant.

Outside that, I think OC in most circumstances is kinda silly but I don't object to someone else doing it just like I don't object to someone buying a silly $4000 watch.

To each his own.

Michael Brown

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This my take on it.

I like the idea of being able to work in my front yard with an OWB holster or going camping or hunting with one or being able to take my sportcoat off at a restaurant.

Outside that, I think OC in most circumstances is kinda silly but I don't object to someone else doing it just like I don't object to someone buying a silly $4000 watch.

To each his own.

Michael Brown
I wish more people felt this way.

Michael

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it's more a question of worrying less about fully concealing. When I don't have to sweat over whether my gun is printing or trying to conceal IWB, I can carry my bigger one and just not care so much if it pokes out here or there, or if one of my children tugs on my shirt and reveals it, or if I just don't feel like concealing and decide to go all open and out there, rather than work an outfit around trying to hide a smaller gun. [Can you hear it? The Braveheart "FREEDOM" call is ringing in my ears.]

Pretty much sums up how I feel about OC. I carry a CW9 IWB now due to the extreme concealability but after Nov., looks like the G19 will get some carry time. Just have to find a quailty OWB holster for it.

35 Whelen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted sometimes......I have a CC now and I can't see me ever wanting to OC but it will be damn nice to have the option.

I'm a tad long in the tooth and sometimes my CRS acts up so refresh my memory for me.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall reading, back when the bill was first introduced, that OC was going to be a permit in itself and would require the person first have a CC permit and then pay an additional fee for a OC permit plus take an additional class for OC......that true as the bill is written now or can you automatically OC with a CC permit ?

Whelen

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I seem to recall reading, back when the bill was first introduced, that OC was going to be a permit in itself and would require the person first have a CC permit and then pay an additional fee for a OC permit plus take an additional class for OC......that true as the bill is written now or can you automatically OC with a CC permit ?
Whelen

Your current permit will cover you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom